• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

4/5 October - Meet and Safety Training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey Sam

Both days for me please 40/45m...and count me in for the
safety,cheers!
Anyone need a lift from London?....will be camping too.

Brian.

Hey Brian, I need a lift mate , will you be leaving from islington. I did ask Gary as he was offering but you would be a lot closer for me ( I'm in epping).
Cheers , Martin

Last edited:
I would really appreciate a lift from London.
If I leave Brighton on saturday morning I can't really be in London before 7h30 am though. If that's ok for anyone please let me know.
Cheers, Kat

I'm keen on coming too. 50+ for both days. Lets hope they put the heating on this time. Any less than a thermocline free 30 degrees and I know a few who will think twice about getting in :)

Apologies Greenies and Meanies, there are no Angels available to cover this session. We're all either working that weekend or away, have kit in test, or are on the move with various things. Please cap the depth - Sam will be the guide there - and have strong surface safety for everyone.

I'll see you all next time I'm there, have fun!
x

So far:

Louise - 20
Kate A - 25
Martin - 25
Kattie - 25
Alix - 25
Sam - 32
Gary - 40
Jay - 42
George - 45
Brian - 45
Dave K - 50
Stuart - 50

If you want to join in the rescue training on Saturday and have a non-fragile suit - wear it, it would be good to have some people ready to be pulled out onto the pontoon!

S

Hey Martin....

I'm leaving from Highbury so if you still need a lift no worries...probably leave Friday evening...is that ok?

Cheers
Brian

Hi Brian, what time in the evening ? ....... I work till 18.30. don't want to hold you up getting there!
(Its possible I can get a car that weekend so maybe I will drive on sat am.)

Hello, I'm a newbie who'd like to learn to free dive.

Would it be possible to do a course on this weekend?

Cheers
Toby

heya everyone,

i'm hoping to make it up next weekend for the meet after my first try at freediving on the course last month with Sam... not sure what depth I'm looking at as had a bit of bother equalising last time, but let's say 20 max. I'll be camping too (in me van!)

See you sat,

V x

Hi Toby

Sorry but we've finished teaching for this year (I need a break to do some diving myself, plus its a bit dark and miserable from now on!) We start teaching again next April/May. Keep an eye on www.learntofreedive.com for info on dates etc - or if you go and do your 2 star elsewhere, then you're welcome to join us at meets after that

Sam

Hi Sam,

Me & Omar will be there this coming weekend if that's ok. Omar wants to try for 20 and 25 and I'd like to try for 35 and 36.

Han

OK - here's the plan - we have more than enough people for one round of dives, but not quite enough for two so some lines have 4 people on them. Hope that is OK.

Round 1 - meet at 11 am Saturday

Line 1
Kate A - 25
Martin - 25
Virginia – 20
Omar - 25

Line 2
Louise - 20
Alix - 25
Chris M – 25
Kattie - 25

Line 3
Mandy – 30 something
Sam – 30 something
Hannah - 35

Main Line
Gary - 40
Jay - 42
Brian - 45

Round 2 – meet at 1pm Saturday

Line 2 and 3 – safety practice (staying down on the pontoon so bring snacks/water)
Sam with: Kate, Jay, Kattie, Gary, Martin and Brian D

Line 1
Spare if anyone wants to use it to 25m.

Main Line
George - 45
Dave K - 50
Stuart - 50

We’ll sort Sunday out on Saturday when we know how many people are involved.

Dave, George, Stuart - if you are around earlier than I'm sure there is some mentoring/safetying to be done!

See you there

Sam

Last edited:
Sorry Sam but going to have to cancel this one. Two weeks ago I did something funny to my ear whilst equalizing at the bottom of the pool. Although I think it is getting better, it is still buzzing! Hopefully it has just sprained or something and is going to need some time to heal. I really don't want to miss out this weekend but I shoudn't push my already bad luck.

Be mindful everyone

Jay

Hi Sam

Sory for the late notice, can I come saturday and sunday this weekend.

Was hoping to dive with Kate, Hannah and Omar, not quite sure how that is going to work?

Would like to try one dive each day to 45ish (will set the line) otherwise happy at whatever depth.

Hope I am not too late

Brian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT