• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

5/6 July meet - sign up here

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hello,
Sorry to be annoying... can I change my depths please? 40m saturday and 45m sunday? Need some more rope!! Thanks,
George xxx

Hi Sam I would like to come along Sunday only, about 30m.
I will need to hire a lanyard from you.

Best wishes, Toby

Hi Gary

fine but we don't hire lanyards because they get lost so easily - we sell them for £40 so you'll need to either bring one with you or buy one. I'll have some for sale

S

Hello,

Kerri and I would like to dive both days please. 20m each on sat and <20 on sun.

thanks
Kate

Sam, its going to be the Sunday I come along (can you confirm what time I need to be there by?)

depth... I think I am going to say 25m (did several dives to 23m weekend before last, so hopefully that is realistic)

Kate

9.30 on Sunday

Folks - meet times are always 11am on Sat and 9.30 on Sunday for future reference (except Double Dip when you have to get there EARLY both days)

Final list for this weekend

Saturday
With Angels
Liv - 55
Mark - 55
George - 40
Without Angels - all less than 40m
Jay
Martin Yoda Turtle
John P
Mandy
Sue Ling
Kerri
Katie

Sunday
With Angels
Liv 60
Mark 65
Tim 50ish
George 45
Without Angels - less than 40m
Jay
Martin Yoda Turtle
Mandy
Gary
Toby
Kerri
Katie
Kate

I'll be teaching.......

If you haven't booked anywhere to stay, be aware that this weekend is the Two Rivers Festival in Chepstow so ALL the B and Bs and hotels are full. If you intend to camp, I recommend calling the campsite to check they have room - but also bear in mind that the weather forecast is pretty shocking

I've struggled to find somewhere to stay (as Barbara seems to have disappeared) and have ended up booking a room in the Travel Lodge in Newport - there are a few other Travel Lodges and Premier Travel Inns around if you get stuck. They don't normally mind you fitting in 3 to a room in a family room

best of luck

S

Last edited:
All going well, Angels to help you glow in the dark on Saturday will be .. Bex, Dave P and myself. On Sunday, Devils on horseback will be Mark W, Pete and me. See you there Greenies and Meanies.
Pack your wellies, it'll be a mud bath :D
x

its tropical Steve

seriously - I'll check this weekend and let you all know (but I might not be checking it at quite your depth!)

Saturday Greenies and Meanies,

We are due to meet at 11:00 - which should be fine still. I have a special request that we start the deep dives no later than 12:45. That's Mark, Liv and George. At a push, Official Top can be maybe 12:55, but two of the Angels need to be out of the water and back on the road by 2:00.

So, if everyone can put their best feet forward when they arrive, suit up and fast-track down to the pontoon to help set things up, I'd really appreciate it.

That includes the shallow Greenies, we need all hands on deck. Once Mark, Liv and George are clear, you can relax and take your time while we bail out.

'till then
x

Ello
Thanks eveyone - was a great weekend. Its not tropical but its fun. Cheers Laura and the Angels for lighting our way - was a bit of a shock after all that nice blue water ive managed to get used to to go freefalling in the dark.
Thanks Sam, and it was cool to meet all the SaltFree newbies, brilliant to see so many there.
See you all next week.
X:tLiv

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT