• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

5 World Records at the CMAS EC 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trux

~~~~~
Dec 9, 2005
A bit unnoticed in the AIDA-focused freediving community, just in these days, there takes place in Antalya, Turkey the 3rd CMAS Apnea European Championship. Tomorow we'll se the finals of Dynamic Apnea, where a new world record may fall, but already until now five WRs were broken - three in the discipline of Jump Blue, and two in Static Apnea.

If you want to see all the results, I posted a more detailed information here: APNEA.cz - Blog

Last edited:
Some big numbers there, thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing what happens in DYN finals...

Is Jump Blue held at 5m or 10m by the way? Any videos of this discipline?

Well, there were big expectations especially from Goran, the current AIDA DYN WR holder, but he did not have a good form this time. Perhaps he was tired after the AIDA WC just few weeks ago (unlike Goran, others could tune up their form to peek exactly at the EC). At males, we saw two performances over 230m, and four over 220m, as well as 215m (new WR) of Ilaria Bonin from Italy, which is already starting to close up the gap between AIDA and CMAS (AIDA's WR is 225m by Natalia Molchanova).

More details and the results can be found at APNEA.cz - Blog

They will be added to the ranking as soon as I manage to get my hands on the data in a numeric form. They'll be at APNEA.cz ranking - 3rd CMAS European Championship 2012

Hello, the torture of this competition is finally over.

I came there with a case of a small cold, and end up with a pneumonia like symptoms before DYN finals. I am not in good form for the last part of the year, but even like that 8+ min static and around 250m dynamics should present no problem... I skip JB finals or to be honest I did not push, just taking a bath in finals with 100m dive, in static I misheard my coach about the time so I quit a reasonably good static dive thinking it is 5min when it was already much past 6min... and I wanted to make things better in dynamic finals but I was just to sick to dive then, I try but aborted the dive at 175m. I just did not want to black out at around 200m distance...

I was at hospital when I came back, now I am in home hospital recovering from all this, still feeling really bad, and my Bahamas trip is also canceled. So the season is over and Ill take much needed rest after 6 years of non stop training and competing and stress. Dunno when I will be back, I hope soon...

Reactions: aris ioannidis
Take the well desired rest, Goran, you have already shown a big series of amazing performances in the past months and years. Hope to see you soon in full strength again, though!

@Simos: yes, JB is currently at 10m depth (15m x 15m x 10m). Originally it was at 15m, but that depth was abandoned due to a too high rate of blackouts. The 5m originally in my article was a slip (deducing another 5m again), but the depth is still at 10m :) Thanks for bringing it to my attention

I came there with a case of a small cold, and end up with a pneumonia like symptoms before DYN finals. I am not in good form for the last part of the year, but even like that 8+ min static and around 250m dynamics should present no problem... I skip JB finals or to be honest I did not push, just taking a bath in finals with 100m dive, in static I misheard my coach about the time so I quit a reasonably good static dive thinking it is 5min when it was already much past 6min... and I wanted to make things better in dynamic finals but I was just to sick to dive then, I try but aborted the dive at 175m. I just did not want to black out at around 200m distance...

I was at hospital when I came back, now I am in home hospital recovering from all this, still feeling really bad, and my Bahamas trip is also canceled. So the season is over and Ill take much needed rest after 6 years of non stop training and competing and stress. Dunno when I will be back, I hope soon...

Sounds like you could do with some rest Goran, both physical but also mental.

Shame about VB but look forward to seeing you come back even stronger. All the best with the recovery.

Goran, sorry to read that. I hope you will quickly recovery and to see you soon in your best shape.
Take care.
aldo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT