• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

6.25mm Demka Shafts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
Are they any good? I want to use one on my 110cm gun with OMER power 18mm bands on it? Is this one resistant to bending? or crispy like 6.3mm omer?

Do you think that this is the right diam. for such a long shaft and such a gun?
It seems to me a bit slim and maybe this could cause some serious shaft whip.
I have used 6.25mm demka shafts for much shorter guns (75cm-90cm) with good results.
Anyway it is an inexpensive, realiable shaft (not the best, but still good) but if I were you I would reconsider the diam. factor.

Happy New Year mate (and happy fishing too!)!

I want to try it, not sure about if it will be good. Currently using 6.5mm but shaft speed is not satisfactory for me at beyond 3-3.5 meter i will either shorten the bands or use thinner shaft. I used one 6.25 Euro-Sub shaft on 90cm and its dead on accurate. I have 2 euro-sub shaft but they are little expensive so its wiser to try cheaper shaft first on new diameter.

Are those shafts you are using resistant to bending or they bend after every few shoots to rocks?? I will use this gun for sargo and groupers in/near the caves..

Why not give a go to Seatec Extreme 6,35mm shafts.
They seem to be VERY impact resistant and sure fly fast.
Also...they look really cool. :)

Cheers,
Mikko

I have to agree with Mikko on that.
Those Seatec shafts are wicked!
They are also a bit thicker but very streamlined and the steel they are made of is by all means tougher.
As for the demka's resistance to bending it is a bit above average.
Another idea for the use you have intended is to keep those 6.5mm shafts and change your slings to 20mm (actually 19.4mm) bulk Rabitechs which will greatly improve the flight of your shaft.

unfortunatelly i don't have access to those brands here and importing just a band or shaft is not practical. May be i ignore the demka and get Eurosub 6.25 instead or get 2-3cm shorter bands to get optimum power.

Am i only one complaining about OMER power 18mm bands is underpowered for 150cm 6.5mm shaft? or may be my bands are longer than standart :hmm

Conserning the bands, you can also use something from another brand as long as it is in the 19-20mm range. I recommended you the Rabies because I use them for over a year and I am very impressed with their performance especially with 6.5mm shafts on 100-110 cm guns.
As for the Omer slings I have no opinion because I have never used them but bear in mind that shortening the bands too much can cause more problems than it solves including unwanted recoil.

Hello Murat Can you find Demka shafts in Northern Cyprus?any dealer,etc??

Demka 6.25 is my favourite shaft. I have been using this shaft in 100cm gun with 19mm latex sporasub bands for a few years now. Its the setup for my basic all purpose gun. In the summer I just put bands for 90cm on the 100cm for longr shots. Very flexible also when you are trying to pull it out of a cave fast because you are running out of air:) Doesnt bend easy

Hiya

Gladion, those 6.5mm SS Rabitech shafts are actually 6.3mm!!! I've got one on my 100cm Carbon Apex as well as one on my 90cm Carbon Apex, both using a single 16mm. VERY happy with their peformance and both have not yet been bent, even though i hunt with them inbetween the kelp and reefs.

Regards
miles

Hey Miles!

I have never used Rabitech shafts but I was under the impression that the thinner Rabie shaft is 7.0mm!
I learn something new every day!

I have used one of these 6.3mm Rabbi shafts for three years now. Sharpened it few times. No bends whatsoever. I have shot it to granite boulder from point blank range more than 100 times and it is still as good as new.
Best stainless shaft around for sure...comes with a matching price tag too.:-]

Cheers,
Mikko

Hiya

Rabi's comes with 6.3mm (called 6.5mm!!!) , 7.0mm and 8.0mm (actually 7.9mm) stainless steel spears. REALLY tough buggers. What we have noticed with the Omer and Picasso 6.5mm spears is that the floppers don't seem to hold our Yellowtail Kingfish very well. I lost quite a few fish on my 110cm Picasso due to the spear tearing out. Switched to a 7mm Rabitech spear which vastly reduced the tearing out rate.

RA also makes a 6.6mm spear which is also great. Really tough and not that expensive. Worth looking into.

Regards
miles

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT