• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

8/9 November

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
I''ll be there (but I'm sure as hell not camping)

Any one else? Please post names and depths. If anyone wants more than 50m we'll try and get Angels but I can't promise it at this stage

Sam - 30ish both days

Last weekend I learned that some freedivers - even though they may talk a lot about their core body temperature or show off their 'survival kits' - are, in fact, afraid of getting wet! ;-) ;-)
Well, call me crazy if you want but I'll be coming back (25m) and since I slept really well on saturday I want to camp again in November so I challenge all the 'hard core wanabe' to camp as well! Will I be all alone in the prairy this time? :) :)
Cheers!
Kat

Your steely resolve and doged determination puts us all to shame Kattie. I can think of one man only who can match you when it comes to sleeping out in winter in a tent .....
he uses Bi-fins ,has a passion for freediving ... owns a D6 and never travels with out a musili bar..... Yogi Jay..:thankyou:thankyou:thankyou
of course I myself as you all know am completely competant at tuffing it out in the coldest and rainiest of situations in a tent .. but I'm afraid that this time I will be out of the country tackling the harsh sub polar temperatures of Iceland..... staying (under much protest) in a warm and cosy five star hotel. :):)

Sam,
Chuck me in for the Sunday and a bit more than 50. Don't need angels, got a good monofin and a counterweight.

See you then

is anyone else coming? At the moment we don't have enough people to run it.

S

Sorry guys, still unsure about my ears. I dived in the pool the other day and they hurt afterwards. Drums checked and fine! I'm not giving up but just going to leave it a bit longer..

Hello,
Yes please!!!! Definatly sunday probably sat too but have to check about work... will keep you posted. 40 +. Definatly not camping. Haunted hurdle it is with its nice fried breakfast!!!:inlove
George xxx

So far this is looking like Sunday only - any more for Saturday? If not, happy to make it a one-dayer!

Hey there...

Me too please..

Just Sunday is good for me...

(not sure if I'm hard enough for the camping :)

Mandy
xx

Hi Sam,

Can you put me down for 20-25m on Sunday? Subject to orthopeadic review though.....

Sue-Ling

OK

Sunday 9 November ONLY

meet at 10am max 50m

Sam
Dave King
Mandy
George
Sue-Ling
Kattie

anyone else?

If any of you above want to drop out, please let us know as soon as possible as if it gets down to 3 or less, we might have to cancel.

Sorry but I'm not going to be there next weekend - combination of loads to do at home, it's a long drive, can't afford it (B&B/Fuel) and it's bloody freezing... sorry!

Should be enough of you without me though. Have a good one x

Dave King has also cancelled so I'm afraid we're going to cancel this one - just not really enough of you to make it safe and worthwhile.

Hope that is OK

See you all at the Christmas Do!

S
x

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT