• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

9mm suit - do you have any experience?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

csagh

Feb 9, 2004
Hi Csaga,

I bought the Picasso 9mm commercial termic suit last year. I must admit I have been quite happy with it. Despite it's thickness it is quite flexable and obviously very warm.I use it to dive in the UK (quarrys +sea ) where the temp is about 4 to 10 degrees C. I dived to 25m with it so it is excellent for freediving.All I can say is that if you dive in these temps your body will be warm with this suit but get yourself some decent booties and gloves as these are the only bits that get cold!!!

You will find you will need more weight especially for shallow diving.All in all an excellent investment especially if you do cold water diving.Worth the money.

Hi Mlungu,

Thanks your answer! Can I ask something? How many weight do you use in sea (and a lake) with 9 mm suit for shallow dive? I'm 183 cm tall and my weight is 86 kg.

I use a TOP SUB wetsuit (5 mm). In the sea I need 4 - 5 kg weight. In a lake I need only 2,5 kg.

I think in the sea with 9 mm I should need cc. 8 - 9 kg. What is your opinion?

Cheers,

Csaba

Hi Csaba,

I use about 6kg for freshwater. I have used 8-9 kg for the sea but for shallow diving this is probably not enough as I could not stay on the bottom. I think 10-12 kg would be best for me and I have therefore bought a sporosub weight harness to get more weight on.I hope that answers your question

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT