• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A New Design for www.DeeperBlue.com - what do you think?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Obviously design is a very subjective matter. So finding the best soloution may take time. If youre willing to work with me on this, I would love to contribuite to this site the best way I know. :)

A while ago I had a competition to design a logo for DB and this was the final iterations worked on...I was never 100% happy with it hence why it never - I never used it but wanted to get people's thoughts...and perhaps influence what other people are suggesting.

Version 1

deeperblue-logo-V1.png

Version 2
deeperblue-logo-V3.png

Reactions: bobdonny
Obviously design is a very subjective matter. So finding the best soloution may take time. If youre willing to work with me on this, I would love to contribuite to this site the best way I know. :)
@drdb - i'd love the help!

Screenshot from 2013-10-25 10:12:47.png

something that I came up with yesterday. It's not even 10% finished but if somebody wants to develop the idea feel free to do so. The idea is to use the d and b in it's circle form as a logo on it's own (for icons for example). Obviously these two would require tweaking and the rest of the letters would require a different font. Probably a custom designed one so that it fit's in with the d & b but is still legible (more than the d & b). In the end bubbles can be added if required.

Reactions: bobdonny
Brdi, I like it, can you please try adding a small while space in between the light blue and dark blue, like by adding a white line in the middle

Like it a lot - very smooth and slick. It's obvious an enormous amount of work has gone into it

Is there anyway you can turn BBCode back on? The editor has all that stuff on it, but I'm old school ;)

A while ago I had a competition to design a logo for DB and this was the final iterations worked on...I was never 100% happy with it hence why it never - I never used it but wanted to get people's thoughts...and perhaps influence what other people are suggesting.

Version 2
View attachment 37068

Really like version two and I get why you like it, but you are right it is not quite there!

Maybe use the words to show depth and reflect sub aqua a little better!...

Hard to explain... let me chop up the image!

Interlacing them I think shows both y and z depth.
Lighter blue on top (surf) and deeper blue with depth.
Bubbles underneath coming from the "."com reinforces the metaphor of depth and sub-aqua, but also suggests that on-line community is also highly related to sub aqua.
I think you could keep iterating in this direction and it could work out really well?

Plus... the words themselves have now become a 3d image/representation itself so it would leand better to things like t-shirts which suffer from either looking like written URI words to a cool meta representation of the water!

YMMV, it just jumped out to me when I saw version 2.

I also think some of the previous examples in this thread look awesome, but perhaps a little too corporate?
I think we are aiming to something a bit more young, hip trendy yet reflective of the extreme side of things? e.g. something a little different, rather than mainstream.

Have to say though... there are some talented people here!

Attachments

• db_rd.png
    db_rd.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 225
change the bubbles to bubble-rings maybe?
i like your thinking Bobdonny. v2 + overlaps...

Version 1

View attachment 37069

Version 2
View attachment 37068

Definitely in the right direction for me but agree it's not there 100%. I like the fonts, I'd probably drop the gradient from the letters and I think the positioning of the two words is a bit sub-optimal and makes it bigger than it has to be. Also why not put a cut down of the bubbles on the left of the words (spanning both lines) - if they are made distinctive enough you can use them as your 'symbol'. Just a few thoughts, obviously needs a designer to try out. My suggestion though would be to first define a palette with 4 or 5 colours max and then have a go at adding colour rather than try to design something that looks good and then try to extract a palette from it :)

Stephen...
Using the current logo as a guide, what did you want to keep, what did you want to remove & what did you want to add?
Give me your vision of what you want out of the logo to bring it into the 21st century and something that carries the new design of the website.

Folks - only back from DEMA (the large international diving trade show in the US) a day ago so catching up with everything. Seen some excellent ideas here but need a day or so to recover before getting my head into the logo design space :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT