• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A Nice Weekend

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MCerieiro

Sep 25, 2007
Hi guys,

After several days working in Madrid with no chance of spearfishing...i returned to Cascais Friday, just in time for a nice spearfishing weekend, the sea was very good, nice temperature (around 18º / 19º C) visibility of more or less 4 to 5 meters...and...see the pictures :) i don't know the name in English for some of the fish but we speared a bunch of triggerfish, octopus, etc... it was a nice weekend :friday

Cheers,
Marco

Last edited:
Reactions: getawayFK
You guys are like terminators! What's the fish on the right photo? How did you spear it?

Hi Mate,

The 2 fish's on the right photo are Pegusa lascaris i dont know the comun name in English for them, in Portugal they are called Linguados wich by the way is the same word we have in Portuguese for French Kiss rofl

Its a very tasty fish and also very expensive over here...those ones were caught resting in a sand bottom at -10 mts.

Out of curiosity if you wanted to buy one with the same size of the bigger one in a local supermarket, you had to pay from 30 Euros up :martial

Cheers mate,
Marco

I suspect that's cause linqua - is tongue in Portugese?
So these creatures - do they normally lie on sand?

Yep my friend lingua is tongue in Portuguese :t
They usually are in sand bottoms and only during summer.

Dude,!!!
BTW I would suggest you come up with funkier names for your posts, such as "French Kiss at 10 Meters|, cause a nice week-end doesnt really spark strong interest!

Last edited:
Those 2 fish almost look like a flounder?
Yep...but IMHO this ones are much tastier than flounder.
BTW I would suggest you come up with funkier names for your posts, such as "French Kiss at 10 Meters|, cause a nice week-end doesnt really spark strong interest!
Mate that's why you are such a good journalist and i am just a print production guy! Next post i will ask your advice for the title!

by the way any news on Pastor...is he still working hard in the sheap farm??

Why don't you hire me and we can expand from just printing ads to creating ads? I can write slogans for cat chow too!
I am not sure where the Pastor is - he seems to have lost interest in herding us, his flock.
PS what's sheap? is that abberviation for cheap sheep?

Fish on the right are called a 'sole' in England (pretty sure) - very tasty and expensive

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT