• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A sad day for Canadians

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
We lost an Aussi SAS in Irag last month.
When you are not used to loosing any even 1 is to much.
God i hope my kids never have to go to war.

Regards Crusty

we feel sad about it seens i've been in canada and we
send our regards to the families of the police officers
to all the police in canada and for all the canadiens
i wish it will not going to happand again !!!!
canada is woundefull place to live you just cant anderstand it
when you go from canada to the u.s or from u.s to canada
you can see the differance between those 2 .... canda is peacefull
and less violante !!! i could walked in 3 AM in downtowm vancouver
and nothing happend ... dont try this in any majore U.S city

I am devastated. One cop was 2 weeks on the job.
This really took the wind out of my sails. I have a few police friends and this really hits home.
Prayers for the dead and the family please.
Erik Y.

That's sickening, really. RCMP-men should've gotten more experienced officers on the scene to begin with...Not that it would've made a difference, according to the testimonies of local residents regarding the shooter.

The common criminal mind is stupid, hasty, and desperate.

Being from Texas, where we get our fair share of shoot-outs, chases, murders, and other incedents too depressing to mention (Remember Waco? University of Texas Sniper, anybody?....JFK's final visit to Dallas?), It's easy for me to say that somebody should've done this or that.

Sadly, when one lives in a society that constantly suffers from a large ratio of reckless savages, one developes a morbid and highly cynical posture to the problems and causes of these intolerable conditions. Though seemingly vigilant, apathy tends to numb a constantly crime-stricken community.

Having said this, some might consider my condolences somewhat fustian. I hope this is not the case. I was suprised after I read the article. Tragedies like this really don't, or really shouldn't happen. To Canada, especially.

In retrospect, and by all means no compensation or solace, it's only slightly less damaging that such an incident happened in a rural setting. For it seems in America, when one bad person commits such an act in a city or urban setting, other malevolent opportunists are quick to take advantage of a vulnerable community. But this, I think, stems from many distinct problems mainly pertaining mostly to a majority of the United States. Stemmed from, an underpaid police force, a judicial system drowned in litigation, a society perversed from fictional images of unattainable wealth and power, and a overall degredation of respect for others.

Do the math, and you'll find it adds up to a giant snowball of problems that just grows in size until it collapses from its own weight, or collides with a bigger problem.

Canada, fortunately, just has a different system, with different loopholes. I've never spent time there, so I can't say what your fallbacks are. Just be thankful that no one has to say this about your country's crime rate:

i could walked in 3 AM in downtowm vancouver
and nothing happend ... dont try this in any majore U.S city

It's pretty much true, as much as I hate to admit it. There are acceptions, of course, but they are diminishing as of yet.

The topic of the illegal drugs and all the problems and arguments that arise...well, that's a different web site altoghther. Just know that even though I don't know the words to "Oh, Canada", my heart is sunk and my hat comes off for those mounties.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
Very sad, my feelings go to the families and friends. It shouldn't happen anywhere, period.

Adrian

I fear that the overall peacefulness of Canada may have given the RCMP a touch of overconfidence. A better planned SWAT response would have put the casualties where they belonged and saved the Canadian taxpayers a lot of money supporting slime for the rest of their lives. Just shoot'em all.

p.s. For the demographically challenged, crime in the U.S. is highly localized and consists mostly of thugs shooting each other. Of course, you never read this in the papers because reporters are basically illiterate or ignorant, but if you get into the statistics reported by the police and the FBI, you will be amazed to find that crime in white America is about the same as it is in Canada. The good part is that as minorities move into the middle class, they get just as safe. I see it all the time.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT