• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A story of rubber

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ok, macho, you made your point! Heheh!
:D :D :D :D
As the poet said: Go fish! :t

HERE IS A QUICK EASY SOLUTION
I fix the problem of loading with the use of a 3/4 in wide nylon strap. It is difficult to explain but if you can follow you will be able to load your gun without putting the butt against you body. I have a 1200 rob allen using 3/4 bands. When I got the gun the bands were only 30" long. My friends bands were 36" long. It was not possable for me to cock the gun. After applying the following method not only could I cock the band but had the ability to pull the band back past the handel grip. It reduces the effort by 30 to 40 percent. I took a strap about 7 ft long tied a 3in loop at each end. You will need to adjust the length based on your height. Take both loops and slide them over the pistol grip this forms a 3ft or so loop in the strap. Take that loop portion slide it down the barrel of the gun on the top side right on top of your spear. Now slide the futhest point of the strap back towards the butt, when you do the straps will sag down on both sides of the barrel like a saddle. I am right handed so I insert my right heal along the underside of the barrel and between the sagging straps as you strech out your leg the pressure will squeze your foot tight between the underside of thre barrel and the strap. As the two end loops are held fast around the pistol grip by extending your leg your foot should now be holding the spreargun out off you body with the butt of the gun sitting a few inch away from your groin. You will need to adjust the strap length so that you acheive the desired distance. If you bend your leg a little it will allow you to reach the bands easily. Once you have your grip on the band just straighten out your leg and pull against your foot. All the pressure will be on your foot and leg nothing should be touching your body. Once you have cocked the gun you can slide your foot out of the strap. you will have to remove one of the loops from the pistol grip and slide the strap out from between the barrel and the rubber band as the band will have been pulled down the barrel over the stap. It may be a little hard to follow the instructions without a picture. With my own gun I have tied one end of the strap to the pistol grip permanetly and the other end is just a loop that I slide on and off. The strap gives me an additional 7ft of reach to let go of the gun after shooting to swim to the surface in shallower water. Hope this helps it was a life saver for me and a quick fix in the field as you can use a piece of rope just as well. The strap was more comfortable agaist the bottom of my foot than a rope. Good luck.

Hey JCL, sound interesting but way hard to understand. how about a couple of photos or even better a video! Thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT