• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AB Biller freedive fins?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ActiveMatrix

here fishy fishy!
Apr 10, 2004
Ok I was looking around leisurepro.com (I know, I know, they're scumbags... but I'm a gambler :D) and I found AB Biller Freedive Fins on clearance for $99.95. Never heard anything about these before, and I'm sure they're at least mentioned in some old posts somewhere, but unfortunately every time I try to search the forums today it only finds the first word I typed in the search field, and then gives me an error saying "AB is only 1 word, you need to use at least 3" when my search term is "ab biller freedive fin"

Anyways, do these things suck, or are they worth $100? I have like $500 for fins and a new BCD, I do a LOT of freediving/spearfishing, as well as quite a bit of scuba diving in open ocean/wreck diving. Please let me know if I should pick them up (NOTE: if I go back there tomorrow and you guys went and bought all their stock, I'm gonna beat you over the head with the inflatable dive flag/float Scrounger gave me today :naughty)

Cheers! :friday

I'm not sure I recognize the fins, a photo of the underside of them might confirm my suspicion. IF they are what I think, I have never tried them, but saw them in a store once, and they made a bad impression on me, they were very heavy and didn't look as good as most longfins I've seen, It might've been some other fins though.
There are cheaper longfins (60-80euro range) from more reputable companies like Cressi, Omer and Sporasub. I'de suggest checking them before jumping.
Regarding your budget, you can consider fiberglass fins as well, 'special fins' or matrix/waterway fins look like a good option.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT