• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AB Biller Travel Modification

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mclinden86

Feb 21, 2011
I thought I'd share an upgrade I made to an old Biller gun my brother had. I have family in Florida so I travel between Hawaii and there twice a year. I didn't want to buy a new gun, so I made his travel size to fit my HSD dive bag

The first photo is the newly epoxied rail. The Biller shaft has a ring stop that ripped it up, so I resealed it and added grafite to the epoxy so that it'll... Well... Look cooler :t

The second photo is the brass knurls I epoxied in so that I could take apart the handle as often as I wanted without stripping the wood. The gun fits perfect with the handle taken off.

The catch is that you gotta have a spear wherever it is your going, but when you think how much it is to check a second bag 35buck... each way... It's cheaper to just buy a new one and sell it each time. Another thought is to invest in a riffe travel spear and a slip tip to take a strain off the spear.

I know not to many outside of Florida like the Biller guns, but maybe this will help someone with a similar gun and problem. I also modified the stock shaft by drilling a hole in front of the notches, grinding off the slide ring stopper, and filing the notches so they'll work with dyna wishbones. I was thinking about making it completely open (like riffe), but I wanted to test this out first before I did any major cutting.

Last edited:
I can only see two pics on your link...
great mods though..

Attachments

• help gun 3.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 179
  • help gun 2.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 167
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…