• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Abri "working" in Thailand :)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

loopy

Deeper Blue Hypoxyphiliac
Oct 24, 2002
OK, so it's not really a story... but I thought to myself, "What would a South African do if he was working in Thailand?" and this is what I came up with.... (I'd also like to thank both exam revision week, and the hours between 3 and 4 am for their help with this :))

This may not display correctly, so I'll add the file... best viewed with that Vernada or whatever font. Verdana? Verandah? Nah that's part of a house... I think it's verdana. Enjoy :)

/|
O //|
o ///|
_ O ..////\\ /}
\____0 o / \\..//}
_/ \;=-----> <* ) } ..\\}
\\ ./ \}
( \\\\
\\\

Attachments

• piccie.txt
    454 bytes · Views: 321
If only ...:(
Thanks Loopy , but the only fish we have here that size are whale sharks and I don't want to run the risk of bending my spear .;)
Looks a bit like a coelocanth though ,need to do a bit of training to get to them .
Hmm ; can remember looking for "worthwile " things to do during exams ...:D

Is it working now? I didn't understand anything from that file.

Coelocanth

The coelocanth.... that's the prehistoric one right? That they thought was extinct, but then found in the 1980's of the southern tip of SA? Are they common/good eating/illegal? Kinda freaky... it's amazing how much stuff is out there that we don't know about. I remember someone (think it was my dad) telling me that a whale washed p dead on a beach, so some scientists strapped some cameras on it and dumped it out at sea. It took forever, but this huge shark eventually came up, that no one had ever seen before, and swallowed it whole... wierd.

Loopy

Nice pic! Must taken some thinking..:duh

There was a pic around here somewhere with a scuba diver and a coelocanth. Not too sure if their protected..Theres another group that live of South America too.. (I think).

Wonder what they taste like?;)

Haha

Haha lemme guess mate, if you had it your way you'd eat em raw? :)

Loopy

Raw dinosaur fish...:confused: :hmm

Thanks for the link DeepThought!
(And thanks for posting the pics)

Let me guess...

Let me guess... tastes like some prehistoric ancestor of chicken? :duh

Loopy

tastes like Dodo...

But you know, a bit of wasabi, cucumber and rice, wrap in nori and guess which little mammalian rodent decendant is going to get some back for his genus..:D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT