• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Accommodation in Auckland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
Can anyone who lives in Auckland advise if these hostels are ok to stay in?
I am only passing through a couple of days and just need a bed and hot shower.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Arena Hotel
131 Beach Road, Auckland

Yaping House
79 Owens Road Epsom, Auckland

Base ACB (Auckland Central Backpackers) -
Auckland / City Centre

The Big Blue House 103 Garnet Road
Westmere
Auckland City
(my choice i think)

does anyone have any references on these places?

I am on my way to Tonga... :D flight timings were tricky so I ended up having to stay in Auckland (2 days on the way, and 2 on way back). Looking forward to it, as I have been eyeing up New Zealand as a possible residential destination for about 3 years. Pablo said it would be too cold for me there though :) but i would like to look anyway.

Lucky girl! Good luck. Pablo es tu novio?

nooooo lol!!! Pablo is a mate from DB... he lives in Auckland but is moving back to France with his gf very soon so i will not see him.

No tengo novio todavia... ya que te has casado hijo de p_ta no me queda nadie rofl

roflroflrofl Well I hope you get some good hotel advice querida mia and safe trip!

I've only stayed in one place in Auckland adn that was the Fat Camel hostel, It was OK, slow desk service but thats all. And fairly cheap. I wanna go to Tonga! New Zealand is getting chilly.

Sara, give ADELENELYNCH on the forum a mail. She has family there. If not I could just give her a call for you.

Reactions: island_sands
hello :)
I come through on 5th July, leave on 7th to Tonga. Then i come back again via Auckland on the 16th, and leave on the 18th back to the UAE. I have been looking at bits and pieces about Auckland, looks like a fantastic place to live and visit. It also looks like its going to be bl-dy freezing when i'm there!!! Minimum temperature 7degC?? :( really?

It is rather cold here at the moment but nothing 5 or 6 layers can't help hide you from.
I gather you are a friend of Pablo's, I haven't seen him around for awhile but trained with him on and off. So he's going back to france aye.

I have a spare bedroom if you are keen to stay with a fellow freediver. We're (hubby + 2 kids) 20 minutes from the city. I could take you to our lovely lake for a drop.

It is rather cold here at the moment but nothing 5 or 6 layers can't help hide you from.
I gather you are a friend of Pablo's, I haven't seen him around for awhile but trained with him on and off. So he's going back to france aye.

I have a spare bedroom if you are keen to stay with a fellow freediver. We're (hubby + 2 kids) 20 minutes from the city. I could take you to our lovely lake for a drop.

That's very kind of you mate. I have actually booked in the Blue house place. Where's the lake? how deep is it? And more importantly, how cold is the water? :D (yes, i am a wimp). I would love to meet up with you and your family though, perhaps we could partake of a glass of fine NZ wine somewhere.

Our Pablo has falled in love :inlove and he is moving back to France with his new missus.

I was just kidding! I don't even want to be in that lake at the moment - it's cold!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT