• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Account woes

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ickledevil

take a breath and relax..
Apr 26, 2001
Hi,
I am trying to get what appear to be some fairly complicated account issues sorted. I have not used this account for 2 years or more and its registered under an old email address no longer in use. After recently being able to begin diving again after an accident the forums were my first port of call. I couldn't at the time remember or retrieve my log in details for this account so tried to create a new one using my new email address. The account activated but was flagged as potentially duplicate and I was unable to post. I am not sure if the flag was due to this account or the fact I once opened an account on behalf of a local spearfishing company while I was working for them. Although I don't believe that account carried any of my details and I no longer work or have affiliation with them. The business account was I believe under the user name CrystalVis and the account I attempted to open recently under the user name of Joe The Fish. Obviously I have now remembered my password for this account but cannot change my email as it is now registered on the Joe The Fish account. I do not wish to hold multiple accounts just one account that is linked to my current and valid email address so I can post and receive notifications. Is there anything that can be done to facilitate this? In my mind the ideal solution would be for this account to be deactivated and my Joe The Fish count unlocked. As for the CrystalVis account it should not be affiliated to me in anyway as I have no connection to it aside from the initial creation on behalf of an employer. Any help or guidance is appreciated, and any email contact is best conducted through the address registered to the Joe The Fish account or I won't receive it. Hoping this can be sorted in some way as soon as possible.
Many thanks
Joe Bowtell

Nice to have you back anyway mate!
Stephan is the only one who can help you with this.....

Pity you can't carry on using ickledevil - that account has quite a history.
Forum users are not allowed to have more than one account - so your request to close out old extra accounts sounds like a good idea, however, I see no member called CrystalVis...

Cheers guys its good to be back, well almost!
I have PM'd Stephen to see if I can find a solution, my own fault really for loosing the log in for ickledevil and deleting the email address that used to be associated with it.
I have no issues with carrying on using it now I have found the log in, in an old dive diary of all places! But need to update the email address if I do which I can't now after trying to open another account with it. Don't want to start posting in earnest using this account incase it ends up being removed.
Thanks for the welcome back and will fill the world in on my exploits when I have the account issues sorted!
Dive safe.

Well I believe I have sorted the issue, me the ever impatient one, hopefully the ickledevil account is here to stay thanks all.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT