• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Acronym game ....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Re: Dinosaurs

Originally posted by BatRay
" Under": That was too easy.

Dimwitted Instructors Never Organize Satisfactory And UTILITARIAN Resource Sites

There now.

Hey Loopy! Welcome back! Got that pay-per-play card charged up again? No, I have no relatives that I know of but ESA has a couple of sites there (Perth and New Norcia) so maybe someday I will get sent there on a mission or something.....

Until Terribly Idiotic Lungfish Injure Totally Aggressive Rockfish, It's Always Nasty

There ya go Sharkey! :king

Bret

You work for ESA???? What a champ!! I fly for the aussie air force, but I'm stuck here now doing this aero eng degree so I can become a test pilot, then hopefully one day an astronaut... no offence to the americans, but NASA was kinda crappy, they reckon there was diddly squat chance of getting in if you weren't an american citizen, but the ESA was being cool :)

Anyways, seeing as you posted about 2 secs after me, completely negating my post, I'll make the next one interesting... :)

Lungfish:

Lately USA Natives Gather Floccinaucinihilipilification Is Surprisingly Hard

Enjoy, have fun at the ESA :)

Expectations
Even
Xenophobic
People
Explore
Caves
Treacherous
Attitudes
Invite
Overt
National
Sympathy

sympathy

Haha good stuff bobco, it seems you've got the hang of it - the idea though is you use the bold word from the last persons post... in this case, it's "Floccinaucinihilipilification" which I put in there to stump Bret, but give it a go if you're game! :D

I'm game...

Funky Longshoremen Occupy Central California In Numbers Achieving Unprecedented Charismatic Insistence, Negating Invigorated Happy Insurance-Liking, Injured Plaintiffs In Liable INEGALITARIAN Franchise Identification, Causing Astronomic Turmoil Instead Of Normalcy.

Whew. This is a fun one.

INEGALITARIAN

Yeah, long ones are the best, they give you this huge sense of satisfaction when you get them out :)

Inegalitarian... hmm, I won't even pretend I know what that means... (I knew the last one!! Honest!! :))

Inept Nymphs Eagerly Glare At Little Industrisalisations That Abound Regularly In Arabian Nights

And I won't even pretend that made sense, but hey, I'm off to the pool now :)

Loopy

Re: INDUSTRIALISATIONS

Originally posted by loopy
Yeah, long ones are the best, they give you this huge sense of satisfaction when you get them out :)

Inegalitarian... hmm, I won't even pretend I know what that means... (I knew the last one!! Honest!! :))

Inept Nymphs Eagerly Glare At Little Industrisalisations That Abound Regularly In Arabian Nights

And I won't even pretend that made sense, but hey, I'm off to the pool now :)

Loopy

Oh MAN! What an opening line! :chatup I almost blew coffee all over my keyboard..... rofl

I am a contractor for ESA actually rather than staff and not all of us are astronauts. Besides, Australia is an ESA signatory along with Canada so it shouldn't be a big deal to hit the space cowboy training program. I am not astronaut material... Too old and I have had corrective eye surgery (Damn glad I did too) but there are boatloads of engineers and such like me behind the scenes....

Industrialisations (British spelling - that is good. I hate it when there is a z in the word)

Invariably, Newbies' Dustcaps Undergo Significant Torture, Receiving Inexplicable And Licentiuous Injuries, Starting After They're Initiated Onboard New SCUBAs

:martial

Yes!

Bret

Licentiuous or is it Licentious, Hay either way is good.

Lugubrious innocent children endeavour nowadays to involve our underwater STRATAGEMS.

All my kids want to dive , just think of the cost!

Stratagems

Scintillating Theatre Reveres Absolute TERMAGANTS, Although Gentlemen Everywhere Malign Sensibility.

What did that one mean Loopy? I looked in my dictionary and it wasn't there.

Iam Back

The boys are back in town!!!!!!
Hey Bret, you got any jobs going there?

To Everyone Running Magpies, AUSTRALIAN Gaint Anelopes Need Training Soon.

Time to rock and roll and we still won the rugby. But the cricket well 2 down 3 to go!!!!:D

Floccinaucinihilipilification? Pretty sure it was invented by Shakespeare by combining three existing words... it means 'To estimate as worthless', so you could have:

Sharkey: "Aww man!! No way can we beat Loopy!!"
Bret: "Now now, there's no need for floccinaucinihilipilification..."

Cool? :D

Oh and I missed the game!! And it was an Aussie one!!

Australian...

Astronauts Usually Speak To Really Arrogant Littoral, Inscrutible, Adventitious Neighbours

Let's play 'count the adjectives' :D

Adventitious

Authentic Divers Vent Emotions Not Trivial, Instead Triumphant, In OSTENTATIOUS Ultimate Salutation.

My sympathies, Bob. Diving costs $$$$$$; I debate between a new piece of gear and school supplies, and I only have to pay for me. But... is worth it.

Yeah kudos Bob... money is the worst!! :)

Ostentatious (I think aussie spelling is oestentatious, not sure)

Oblong Squares Triangulate Everywhere Near Trigonometric Angles That Instantly Oscillate Uniquely Sinusoidal

:duh

Money? Money! Oh, Honey, I Need some Money!

Yeah kudos Bob... money is the worst!! :)

Ostentatious (I think aussie spelling is oestentatious, not sure)

Oblong Squares Triangulate Everywhere Near Trigonometric Angles That Instantly Oscillate Uniquely Sinusoidal

Hey Loopy, I think I will have to floccinaucinihilipilificate YOU! :ko (looking around for he Websters Unabridged again)

rofl

By the way, Trigonometric (or a derivitive) has been used once upon a time (I think)....

Sorry Sharkey but we just laid off 12 folks (from 25 initial cuts, 13 decided to go voluntarily) and there is a hiring freeze. The staff on contract here in Germany were not affected since we are all making money but the folks in Chippenham took it on the nose.

Regardless Trigonometric

Tripe Really Is Gross. Obviously, Not One Miscreant Eats That Really Icky Cr*p! :yack

:D

Bret

Hahaha nice post... and yeah, now you mention it I remember it, sorry all :(

Hmmm, miscreant...

Multiple Incipient Solutions Can Really Embarass Auspicious Trolls

Hmm, that shouldn't have been used :)

(I need a dictionary!!!)

An Auspicious Beginning

Hahaha nice post... and yeah, now you mention it I remember it, sorry all :(

Hmmm, miscreant...

Multiple Incipient Solutions Can Really Embarass Auspicious Trolls

Hmm, that shouldn't have been used :)

(I need a dictionary!!!)

Hey, there is no rule that says a word can not be recycled from times gone by.... or is there?:confused:

Regardless.

Awfully Unkind Sharks Picked Idiots Coming In Over Underwater Swimmers

:king

Bret

well join in then

Come on get stuck in sjwhelan or who ever you are give it a go!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :p

Yay it's a water one :D

Hey, cool, a diving type one :D

Underwater:

Uassissted Natural Diving Entertains Random Walrus' And Trumpeter: Even Remora!

Hey sjwhelan, give it a go!! Are you the same person as Stephen Whelan?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT