• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Commentary Actor James Cromwell Arrested At SeaWorld ‘Orca Encounter’ Protest

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
A_Cromwell-356x220.png
Acclaimed actor and activist James Cromwell was arrested earlier this week for protesting the “Orca Encounter” show at SeaWorld in San Diego, California, according to Enetertainment Weekly. In a statement to EW, Cromwell said: “It is necessary to do whatever one can for these magnificent animals, who live, day after day, in such abject misery, […]

Read the original post on DeeperBlue.com...

Good for him, Orcas do not belong in fish tanks. I am old enough to remember Windsor Safari Park when times and peoples understanding were somewhat different! I went when I was about 7 years old and the staff wanted a child to be pulled across the pool in a dinghy, mum being mum jumped up, did a lot of arm waving and shouting and I was picked, dodgy tight shorts 1970's style and all! I don't know why but I don't really remember that or much else from before 7 years old but I do have one really strong memory from that day. When leaving the pool area, the Orca was looking through the viewing window in the side of the pool, she was really close to the window. I went up to the window and we just looked at each other, it sounds really stupid but it was, to my mind, a definite moment, I think that they are another form of intelligent life on our planet, we are just too dumb and arrogant to accept that anything on earth can be as clever as us, albeit it in a different way. If we cant recognise a different form of intelligence on our own planet we may be doomed to search for and maybe find a similar form of intelligence to our own who are thinking of setting up a new exhibit in their interplanetary zoo with yours truly as the star attraction. Hey, you never know, maybe even human factory farms are a possibility, lets hope that when we find aliens they are somewhat more compassionate and illuminated than we are.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT