• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

advice on commercial diving .

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
thats great info
we live in dubai and its my son max whose shown an interest
ill gladly treat you to a few pints if youre on shore to chat a bit more

tony fitz

First of all, glad to join the community here.

You may know that the oil industry is where you can have all your chances to find a commercial diver role, so here I am giving you some related tips!

I have found that the best way to get started in the oil and gas industry is to begin by having a look at an oil & gas specific job board and seeing which roles are available. In my opinion, it's important to use a job board as you maximize the number of jobs in one place, and avoid missing any great opportunities...saves you time endlessly scanning the internet for the best jobs! The oil & gas job board at the moment with the most jobs listed is www.oilandgasbestjobs.com so it may be worth giving that a try as a starting point. Once you have a good idea of the type of jobs which are available for your skills, tailor your resume to emphasize the points which would be relevant. Then simply start sending your resume off for the jobs you like the look of (you just need to register/upload your CV once and you can apply for as many jobs as you like).

I hope this helps!

Charlotte

Interesting timing and venue Charlotte...considering by year end the UK oil and gas industry alone will have shed up to an estimated 120 000 jobs! and worldwide 320 000.

Diving wise ... its as lean as the late 80's-mid 90's at the best.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT