• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

advice on underwater camera/video

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

paddyc23

Rascacio
Jul 8, 2007
hi all
does anyone know any good websites from uk where i can purchase a gd realiable cheap undewater camera/video to make sum movies

Take a look at

goprocamera.com

for simple and cheap.

I second that. I have a GoPro and I've been very pleased with the results considering the low cost. It's good for video, but not great for still shots.

depending upon how good or, how pro you want to go...

i can seriously recommend the fuji series.

we used the F40d and it was awesome in its waterproof housing.
works great in low light and battery life/lag is second to none.

2gb card gives 30 minutes of usable video or...
takes great stills too.

We are moving on to purchase the Fuji WP-FXF200
which can be had for under £400.

These Fuji camera's have taken some seriously good images over
the years.

'cameras underwater' is a good shop that have helped me well. they sell a lot of gear.

FYI: I use the Olympus Stylus 770 SW, 7.1 MP compact digital camera. Also does movies and have used it for that several times. Waterproof to 10 meters (33 ft) and shockproof to 5 ft. Can't remember what I paid, but wasn't bad ($150USD?). They have newer models now. I'm sure it's available worldwide.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT