• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Advice

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dr_phil

Jul 23, 2014
Ok so I have been reading a lot on hear lately and want to thank everyone for all the information they put up it helps out more people them you know, but here is my question I am looking to stay freediving at my lake house. It will be a max of about ten meters right now and my brother and I reciever two masks a few years back. They do not cover our noses though so I am wondering if I can use a nose clamp to get the same effect for now. We are both on a tight budget and with us leaving for school soon I wanted to get some water time asap.

And if it matters at all the lake had only about 6 feet of visibility and my best dry static is 2.13 which from what I understand will be long enough for 10 meters.

You should not use such a mask for deep diving as it does not allow for mask equalization. This will cause a mask squeeze which can permanently damage your eyes. You should be fine with your static time to get to 10 meters granted that the equalization works. 2 meters visibility is not exactly much however and that will make it difficult to safety properly.
As your very basic questions show the best idea would be to take a course where you could learn to freedive safely and where all your questions will be answered.

Thanks I'm in the process of finding a course I'll look into getting a different mask maybe with my birthday coming up. On the topic of classes does anyone know of any in the Midwest I live in Ohio or maybe in Maryland or new jersey I go to school out that way.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…