• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

advice

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spear12sp

Nov 26, 2012
Hello everyone,
need of your advice ... what is the best area for practicing spearfishing in England?
can advise me on youtube to see movies?
my gratitude

That's a bit of a difficult question to answer, as it depends in what fish you are targeting?? Whether you have access to a boat, or if you are limited to shore dives?? Your experience and confidence/competance in different hunting grounds (depth of water, strong tides, water temperature etc) as well as the time of year you plan on diving.

Sorry I can't provide a definite answer to your question but I think it is too broad. The only advice I can offer is to decide upon the time of year and fish you are targeting then look through the threads (dorset, south Devon, Sussex etc) and then try to buddy up with someone who has local knowledge and experience in the area you choose.

Good luck and dive safe

Scoobaru,
thank you for your answer. although custom dive with a very experienced friend who has taught me a few things, my experience is still low ... dip not more than 10 mtr + \ - ...
I plan to schedule a mini vacation of 10 days in England, where I have to go to London with my family, but I want to see if I can dive 2 or 3 days, leaving the beach since I have no boat.
My friend told me that in your coast are caught some good seabass, the fish I would like to catch.
Thanks again

Cornwall & Devon would probably be your best bet for clean water & bass or you could join the forums annual fish in & specimen competition in Guernsey next August.

I would agree with foxfish and say that Devon/Cornwall are your best bet for clear water. But bass are regularly caught all along the south coast especially in the summer months and there are plenty of beaches to explore. When are you thinking of coming over??

Early next year (mid-January)! is a bad time?
once again thanks for the help! I'm not looking for any special place ... just an idea of a place to better schedule the holidays!

In that case I would not hold onto much hope of catching much, as that is just about the very worst time of year possible!

As foxfish said. That is the worst time to dive the uk. Your best bet would be to fin a shallow sandy beach that meets shingle or has reefs etc near by and dive at night using a torch for flatfish. But if this is new to you then be very careful and make sure there is no tide on the beach you choose. The water temperature is pretty much at its coldest then also so make sure you have at least a 5mm open cell suit.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…