• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AERIS F.10 User Feedback

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The log does not seem to contain any Temperature info. Might be nice when comparing results of dives

The other feature I mentioned in the other thread. It would be nice to be able to set the depth at which it starts to log. Maybe in 1' increment or .1m... That way it can track Dynamics in the pool, but be set a little deeper for open water so you are not triggering it all the time. Would be a good tool for tracking Dynamic workouts.

I love this watch. I'm glad i made the purchase.

ILdiver when you are in Log mode simply tap the bottom right hand button and it will show temperature. is that what you were looking for?

DD

getting ahead of myself just a bit but maybe it would be cool to have a limited edition unit with beefed up housing for deeper depths... maybe only available to divers over 100m. (prooven by AIDA results)give some different external touches etc.

DD

Great minds think a lot DD - some are just a little slower than others... ;)

Martin and I were really pushing for this... we wanted to offer a unit with a max operating depth of at least 122m, but it is not to be, for the time being anyway. It will require a redesigned, likely metal housing. Considering we were discussing the F.10 here more than a year ago... you're not getting too ahead of yourself. Great idea - thanks -

Well, I am not a user (yet), but hope you do not mind commenting too.

As for the depth threshold for triggering the dive mode - I agree that it is a big hassle at all current computers. The best would be if one could not only adjust the depth, but also define the minimal time you need to be in that depth to start the dive. That's useful to avoid false positives at just some test or accidental immersions. So for example one could set the depth to 50cm and minimal time 5s - so the computer would start the diving mode only if you keep it 50cm or deeper uninterrupted during 5 seconds. It would then start counting from the beginning, of course (already counting the 5 sec).

And even better would be if the user could set up several profiles with different parameters - for example a different one for statics, for pool dynamics, for constant weight, for recreational diving, spearing, etc. In the same time, in the profiles also other parameters could be set - like different types of alarms, or display modes. The user could then set the desired profile with all the associated parameters quickly, without messing too long with changing all the parameters individually.

The another extremely useful feature would be the ability to upload time tables to the watch. For example, most of competitive freedivers have a rather special schedule for dive preparation or warm-up before their top time. They either keep it in the head, and then calculate when they have to start with individual tasks, or write it down on a sheet, once they know their Top Time. If the time table was already preloaded on the watch, it would be sufficient to enter the Top Time once announced (or changed), and the watch would already alert the freediver at each programmed step.

And similarly useful would be the possibility to upload training tables or entire training sessions. The computer would then coach the freediver through the training. I did already pretty detailed analysis of such functions (having developed the ATM training software), so could feed you with much more details that are involved, if you are interested. Or, as I already offered, I could even develop the modifications for you (firmware development was one of my jobs too), where you could accept the result only if you like it, and if it is conform with your specifications.

ILdiver when you are in Log mode simply tap the bottom right hand button and it will show temperature. is that what you were looking for?

DD

I was refering to the dive log after download. I didn't see it tracked there. Maybe I missed it.

And yet another wish (perhaps it was already mentioned before) - a programmable control of the display backlight. It would be nice if one could program that the watch turns on the backlight at specific dive time, depth, each time I stop (i.e. at equalization problems, or at the bottom plate). When I arrive down to the plate, I often try to look at the watch, but at most computers, it is not easy to turn on the light. At Suunto for example you need to hold a button for 5 sec. The 5 sec are already pretty long, and pushing the button, especially with gloves, is not always easy. Also at surfacing, the backlight may be useful in some situations (night diving, cave diving). And the duration of the light should be programmable too.

Well, it is clear that such feature would contribute seriously to shorter battery life, especially if not used wisely, but it should be let upon the user whether he accepts t or not.

And again, ideal would be if the backlight programming could be associated to user profiles, allowing so for quick mode change without long messing up with the watch.

And of course, it would be welcome if one could manage all alarms, and other parameters through the PC interface. Programming diving computers with the help of the buttons is never user friendly, it is quite long, and it is easy to make mistakes. Nice PC interface would allow for complex programming, including the creation of user profiles, and time tables much more effectively and ergonomically.

Trux, I got scolded for glancing at my watch. (in a Czech accent) "you can check your depth at the surface, it is not important down there!" I see your point...

And of course, it would be welcome if one could manage all alarms, and other parameters through the PC interface. Programming diving computers with the help of the buttons is never user friendly, it is quite long, and it is easy to make mistakes. Nice PC interface would allow for complex programming, including the creation of user profiles, and time tables much more effectively and ergonomically.

If you buy the download cable you can manage all settings through the PC

There is temp data in the log - but it is not available in the graph and dive details (it's elsewhere in the dive screens - I don't have the software on this machine but if you dig you'll see it. - I've got three suggestions for stuff I'd like to see on the graph and in the dive profile screen:

Rate of ascent - avg. and displayable at one sec intervals along the graph if possible.
Rate of descent - same
Temp - same

Seems like the data is collected - certainly the a and d rates could be calculated from available data.

Trux, I got scolded for glancing at my watch. (in a Czech accent) "you can check your depth at the surface, it is not important down there!" I see your point...
Well, I can hear it :) But of course, everyone knows there are situations where it is really useful, and there are situations where it is really needed. So for example if you plan doing some statics down there, or if you want to avoid blackout because someone has put your bottom plate 10 meters deeper than you asked for (as it already happened to several freedivers). Well, already the depth alarm is useful for that purpose, but having the possibility to check the display quickly would be better.

Well, I can hear it :) But of course, everyone knows there are situations where it is really useful, and there are situations where it is really needed. So for example if you plan doing some statics down there, or if you want to avoid blackout because someone has put your bottom plate 10 meters deeper than you asked for (as it already happened to several freedivers). Well, already the depth alarm is useful for that purpose, but having the possibility to check the display quickly would be better.

You can set time interval alarms too. So it will beep every 10 seconds, 1 seconds, 30...whatever. The backlight can be set to stay on for up to 60 seconds. So it it does have a good duration.

I'm with Martin on the gauge checking at depth - but this one is way easy to read.

You can set time interval alarms too. So it will beep every 10 seconds, 1 seconds, 30...whatever. The backlight can be set to stay on for up to 60 seconds. So it it does have a good duration.
Yes, but that's not really what I am asking for. I'd like the backlight programmable in similar way as alarms are (+ the possibility to trigger it on other events - like at a halt, or at direction change). And having the possibility to program the duration at each of the alarm (though that's already less important, as long as it can be changed globally). And user/mode profiles, pretty please :)

I would like to see a MAC version of the software. I have not played with the computer yet but thinking it is going to be pretty cool, getting one in a few days. I am going to compare it with Uwatec's new update for the Galileo, Apnea.

I just want to know that I can disable the alarms so that they aren't scaring fish. Is that possible?

I realize that this is a thread for people who dive up and down ropes, but there is no equivalent thread in which to ask the question in the spearfishing forums.

I think it would be nice to be able to enter optional data before and after the dive, for example: mode (DYN, DNF, STA, CWT, FIM) before diving, and distance (DYN, DNF) after the dive in order to keep track of your different dive disciplines.

The beeps in the online tutorial seem rather long (up to two seconds), a different pitch or morse-like repetitions could be clearer and more distinctive.

I really like Trux's ideas on backllight activation, makes more sense than leaving it on for 60 secs on end and is probably easier on the battery.

Could any F10 user please post some logdata in its original or saved form? How does it come out, comma separated, xml or in some other format?

Is it available on the 'old continent' yet? I want it on my wrist!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT