• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Aeris F.11. Info Leak :)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fondueset

Carp Whisperer
Jul 27, 2004
150m depth
Depth activated backlight
Increased Battery Life (already way good on the F.10)
Nice looking!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 418
Please dear god make the beep-sound a lot, lot louder! Also vibration would be nice. : ) Yes, nicer looking. Light on the side.

Last edited:
I've proposed a new 'Taser Depth Alarm'
Temporary paralysis of one arm is a small price to pay for knowing your depth with absolute certainty.

Reactions: mystiach
How is the sampling rate? More then 1 per sec? Now thats freediving specs, we want to count our strokes with more sampling per second. : )

Taser sounds interesting. :p

I saw a prototype of the F11 in September. The main change is the back of the unit is now metal, allowing a deeper depth. I guess there are some minor software changes as well. Looks nice!

For one - it is way cool looking.
Buttons are larger and easier to work with gloves.
Functionally - aside from the additions noted above, it is the same as the F11. Very straightforward and easy to program and use.
A few obvious physical changes - different pc interface connector, sensor location and alarm light location. It looks like you need a small screwdriver to change the battery.

I'll have it out in the water later today. Since both my F10v1 and v2 have been rock solid for thousands of dives/laps on each unit, I expect the F11 will hold no surprises. It is a pre-release model - so I'll do my best to check everything.

I like the color much better - goes with my hair.

Attachments

• IMG_2838.jpg
    IMG_2838.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2840.jpg
    IMG_2840.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2843.jpg
    IMG_2843.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2846.jpg
    IMG_2846.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
The main difference, besides design, is that it is rated to 150m.
Also the characters on the face are a little larger.
In addition to better battery life
Depth activated light
They are talking about a setable sampling interval.
Higher sampling rate means a little more rapid battery use
so setable is nice - and it would be a very useful feature for competitive divers;
enabling the possibility of counting strokes.

Also - the battery is 'theoretically user replaceable' - but really should be done by a shop with a pressure pot.

It will come in both the pictured olive color scheme and in black.

Higher sampling would force me to buy F11 instantly. Configurable would be great.

Is the sound alarm the same in "loudness"? Also; more then three beeps in alarm mode to wake me up for instance? Three is way to short.

: )

Looks more like the D4 now. Generally the second generation of a dive watch has given the manufacturer time to make the little tweaks that make it great. Hope it is a ripper.

This is already a year old thread, but I still see no F11 on the website of Aeris, and as far as I could find, it is not available on the market either.

Was the plan to release the F11 abandoned, or is simply the process of fixing diverse technical issues so long?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT