• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Aeris F11: Too Good to Be True?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The parent site seems to be this "www.tradeinn.com" and they seem legit...but anyone can built a world-class website. As they take PayPal, and there are certain levels of fraud protection built into PayPal, I would say you can't beat the price. It's stripped down, with no sync cable, manual, etc. but they have the manual available for download.

I've been looking into them also since my original post. They have a New York telephone number but they are located in Spain. A few complaints about them, but no outright fraud. Expensive to return larger items to them because various European Union laws. I'm just shocked at the low price. I guess I would be protected by Paypal. I doubt they are an authorized dealer so the watch would not be under the Aeries two year warranty.

Reactions: John B Griffith Jr
I bought my freedive wetsuit, 2 masks, gloves, socks & belt from scubastore. Total cost around All the same as this watch. All arrived fine no issues. I am in the UK though.

Lehmann, Scubastore is legit. I've ordered a number of things from them and it's always been above board.

I'd say they're half legit. They don't outright scam you, but they do lie about items being in stock. I've had to wait several weeks for items to get in stock even thou they were in stock when I placed the order. It's still the best option for me since pretty much all dive shops in my country wont keep freediving-items in stock and if they do its overpriced.

I've already done several buyings at scubastore. So far no problem occurred, all items arrived quickly and in a good shape (well secured for shippment). Usually it took up to 10 days from placing order to receive delivery for intra Europe shippment. I don't know how it would be for overseas delivery? For sure you may expect customs clearance as well as tax & duty fee... so it may highly increase total buying cost.

FYI
you can use AD005 code to get additional 5% discount.

I bought all of my freediving gear (exept the suit) from diveinn.com. And that includes a Aeris F.11. As someone above me mentioned the USB cable is not included (BS imo.. gotta find a new place to order that from now).

My Diveinn.com experiense is that they can be both slow and fast in delivery. My Aeris and a new mask cave 3 days after order (i live in Sweden) but an other order of a pair of fins took 1.5 month. When you need to contact support due to problems i also have varrying experiense. The first pair of finns i bought there broke at the first dive with them. They sent me a new pair totaly free so i had them at home maby 4 days later. But then this winter they sent me a cracked mask. It took them a month to awnser my mail about it.

IMO, avoid them if you can. But in the case of the F.11 order from them and order the cable elsewere due to the price.

Worth to add btw, if your not a 100m+ freediver consider the F.10. If i would buy a new freediving watch i would go for a mixed freediving/scuba diveing or a F.10. I strongly dislike that u have to click to see the the time and depth of the dive you just made once you hit the surface.

Hi everybody!

Do someone knows if that post-dive non-sense/no info first screen thing has finally been corrected on the "new" Oceanic F11 version? Or it still runs the same "bug" as the Aeris version? Stills better to lean towards the F10 (also Oceanic model) for now...?

Worth to add btw, if your not a 100m+ freediver consider the F.10. If i would buy a new freediving watch i would go for a mixed freediving/scuba diveing or a F.10. I strongly dislike that u have to click to see the the time and depth of the dive you just made once you hit the surface.
hi Victor, do you mean that you need to press a button to see the dive depth after you surface, with the F11?

Salam,
I bought a dive computer and a float device. Very good service. The dive computer was faulty. They arranged the pick up for free twice!!
The service is very reliable.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT