• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Aeris/Oceanic F10 V2 firmware update: 2A->2B

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

p33

May 12, 2017
Hi there,
I have an Aeris F10 V2 ver. 2A computer and I would like to update it to ver. 2B. I have the ACI cable which works well and the software which originally came with the DC (long ago). Unfortunately, the software is old and when it tries to update the firmware it is probably trying to download it from a web location that does not exist anymore, so no fun... I have also tried to update the firmware using the Diverlog for Mac but it wouldn't even connect to the DC (although it claims to support it)... I would therefore appreciate a lot if somebody could give me a hint on either a modern piece of software that can update F10 V2, or a link to firmware update program (presumably for Windows - doesn't matter), or the file of the firmware itself - I'll feed it to the old software myself.
@Fondueset, maybe?
Cheers,
Andrey

Hi there,
I have an Aeris F10 V2 ver. 2A computer and I would like to update it to ver. 2B. I have the ACI cable which works well and the software which originally came with the DC (long ago). Unfortunately, the software is old and when it tries to update the firmware it is probably trying to download it from a web location that does not exist anymore, so no fun... I have also tried to update the firmware using the Diverlog for Mac but it wouldn't even connect to the DC (although it claims to support it)... I would therefore appreciate a lot if somebody could give me a hint on either a modern piece of software that can update F10 V2, or a link to firmware update program (presumably for Windows - doesn't matter), or the file of the firmware itself - I'll feed it to the old software myself.
@Fondueset, maybe?
Cheers,
Andrey
Hey Andrey, Best I've got is to get hold of Aeris/oceanic support. I no longer have an f.10.

p33 – did you get this sorted?
I'm in the same boat, need to update an Aeris F10 V2 preferably via mac, but no clue where to start

p33 – did you get this sorted?
I'm in the same boat, need to update an Aeris F10 V2 preferably via mac, but no clue where to start
No, I haven't and I've abandoned the idea quit some time back. If you are on Mac, you can try either DiverLog or MacDive (don't remember which one of them, I think the former) and try to add your computer and update. In theory the program supports F10 but it failed for me back then... I don't remember either at which stage it failed: adding the computer or updating - sorry: long time back it was. Also, I had a hand made cable, which worked fine with the original Aeris software though, so the cable shouldn't be a problem. You can try - they may have updated the program and it may work fine now. If it still doesn't and you have an original data cable you can write to the support. I'd also appreciate your feedback whatever the outcome will be; just for an update...

No, I haven't and I've abandoned it quite some time ago. If you are on a Mac you can try DIverLog or some such program. I tried it long ago and it either wouldn't connect to my DC or wouldn't update it. I have a hand made cable so I didn't write to the support. You can try it and hope they fixed it and if not you can try to write to their support or to Oceanic (if you have an original cable they should probably reply). I'd appreciate your feedback whatever it will be; just for an update...

I’ve given up. I bought it 2nd hand and for some unknown reason it jumps immediately to dive mode when I try changing the settings. I managed only once to get it to run as intended, so I’m about to return it. Bummer, I quite liked it the few times I had it working. Thanks for your reply though

OK, then. If it jumps into the dive mode or do something of that kind it could be a contact problem - it happened to me once when I disassembled the DC almost completely and reassembled it later: the PCB was not exactly in place making random contact with a button pin. I fixed it by pressing the offending button hard enough to displace the PCB and it worked for me. YMMV though, and if you want to try it it'll be on your own risk of course. It could also be the problem of small plastic plates that isolate pin contacts inside the DC: they are basically shi#y designed, get deformed, and go out of place sometimes... You can open the DC and have a look if you feel comfortable enough doing so. Bear in mind, however, that putting back the o-ring sealing the screen glass could be a real pain in the neck. It is a very decent DC when it works BTW; that's why I kept fixing it.

Well that’s worth a try for sure - the seller was kind enough to offer me a complete refund, so I’ll likely call it a day.
I agree, the unit looked very stable and tempted to fix it (I like how easy the battery can be changed). But prob just a matter of time till it plays up again and my patience has run thin.
Knowing the seller I wager a bet he has better skills in small scale electrics, so I’ll let him do the deed.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT