• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA International website

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yes, that's the usual state of the website about half of the time. Better told about 70% of cases whenever I try. That's because they use some very odd setup with redirects from the original domain name on one server to another anonymous server in Sweden. I posted about the frequent problems couple of times, for example here, but AIDA does not seem to be interested on the suggested fix (pointing the domain name to the server with the content, instead of using redirects or frames), although it costs nothing and can be done in two minutes, and prefers being down most of the time.

Though, usually you can access the website on the anonymous server directly (as long as you bookmarked it or can find it):
http://www.hotweb.se/aspportal1/code/page.asp?ObjectID=8&CountryID=4&actID=3

The problem was at serverfly.com, and the site will soon be in the right address again. Everything will be moved to a place where thay have 24h support.

The site and the server where the site is have always been 100%.
Bill, why don't you simply point the domain name directly to the server you use? I mean setting up properly the DNS entry of the domain name (at the domain name registrar), assigning directly the IP address of your Swedish server, instead of going through another server where you use a full screen frame to embed the Swedish anonymous server. This is really a very bad way to run a website, and it is no surprise that it is down so often. Besides it, such unusual method brings many other problems - besides the reduced reliability, also search engine ranking and security issues.

All you need to do is contacting the registrar of the domain aida-international.org and asking them to fix change the A DNS record to the Swedish server, and then asking your Swedish host to add the domain as an alias in the ISS 6.0 web server configuration for your current account.

Reactions: island_sands
This is already done 2 days ago.

Now we just wait for some action :)
Bill,

Well, I see the domain name is now correctly pointed to your Swedish server (212.105.78.40), but it looks like you forgot to set up your web server to handle that domain name. Currently it only shows error "Directory Listing Denied".

Since you use MS IIS 6.0 as web server, you have to configure it in its administration interface, otherwise it will just show the error message as it does now. If it is not your own server, but you rather just rent a virtual domain account on some public server and have no administrator privileges, you will need to contact your host to do it for you. You could and actually should do this change before moving the DNS pointer to this IP address - that would avoid the down time altogether and would make the change completely transparent. Sorry, I should have warn you stronger beforehand.

Last edited:
Hmm, it seems the problem is not resolved yet. Although now, the domain aida-international.org does not show any error, it just shows a logo of the host (Netland) with no link to the actual AIDA's website. And the domain's DNS record, instead of pointing to the server holding the website (212.105.78.40), points to another IP (212.105.78.44). Well, possibly it is still on the same machine, but apparently the domain name of AIDA is not yet added to the IIS configuration.

Bill, you will need to ask your host to fix it (unless you have full admin access to the domain - then you would need to do it yourself). If you need any help with it, let me know.

it appears that email send at *@aida-international.org also doesn't arrive at the moment...

The MX record (mailing) of aida-international.org points to another server -mail.microtec.se (212.105.78.5). If it was changed recently too, then it is probably the same problem as with the web server - the mail server needs to be configured first to accept emails for the domain aida-international.org. I hope Bill is aware of the problem.

Nice, congrats! Now it just misses to get rid of the main frame that makes it impossible to bookmark individual pages and causes security warnings, and then also replacing all those links to hotweb.se with the simple relative paths resolving back to aida-international.org - that will help also with search engins ranking.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT