• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA old site still running?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Simos

Feb 15, 2009
I know there is some history behind this but I was hoping that by now aida-international.org (the old AIDA site) would have been taken down.

I was looking up some information and everything seemed out of date, then I realised that I ended up from google to the old AIDA site.

Unless I am missing something, could I kindly ask whoever is the administrator for that site to take it down? It's confusing for all....

Thanks

Just realised that aida-international.org has been redirected to aidainternational.org - unfortunately it wasn't done properly so the 'inner' pages still work and come up in google e.g. http://www.aida-international.org/aspportal1/code/page.asp?sType=wr&CountryID=4&actID=3&ObjectID=136

Hope this helps to sort it out. Might be just easier to take the site down and just do a DNS redirect (i.e. set up aida-international.org as a CNAME for aidainternational.org) or if there are SEO considerations etc just do a permanent re-direct on all pages of the old site to the homepage of the new one...

They may be keeping it online as an archive for some data. Some stuff from the old site have yet to be transformed onto the new site, eg. the history of world records.

From what I understand ;we cannot take it down because it is managed by someone else. I do think we need to transfer the history of the records, though. Some people have asked about that.
Carla
Aida Media/PR

From what I understand ;we cannot take it down because it is managed by someone else. I do think we need to transfer the history of the records, though. Some people have asked about that.
Carla
Aida Media/PR

If by 'someone else' you mean Bill Stromberg, then you are right. Bill is the administrator but AIDA International is also on the register as the organisation:

Aida-International.org - AIDA International

I don't remember why exactly the domain had to be changed, nor do I care to dig into the past and since the top level domain redirects to the current AIDA site I am assuming there is no issue with cooperation anymore.

It can be confusing though as out of date information from the old site still comes up as the first result in google eg try searching for 'AIDA regulations' - sooner or later it's bound to cause some confusion.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT