• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA Worlds Championship DVD

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shabooboo26pk

Sep 16, 2004
Hey all,

My name is Goh Iromoto and as you may now know, I am the fella who had the opportunity to create this year's Worlds DVD.

First off, I want to say a BIG thank you to all Freedivers, DB members, landlubbers, etc. who had previously posted or commented about the Worlds Short Clips. Being an amateur in digital video editing, its great to have all the support! I also should thank Peter Scott for the excellent review of the DVD.

I'm also posting this thread, cause I would like to hear if anyone else has any comments, suggestions, or constructive criticism about my work (the CAFA promo, Worlds Clips, DVD). Or even if anyone would like to begin general discussion about underwater videography, digital editing, etc.

Although this is long overdue, some people were curious about the tracks I used for the World's Clips...so here they are:

Day One: Frou Frou "Flicks"
Day Two: Brother Bones "Sweet Georgia Brown"
Day Three: Chicane "Saltwater"
Day Four: Hayden "Dynamite Walls"
Day Five: Gilberto Gil "Three little birds"
Day Six: Sarah Polley "Courage" / Jack Johnson "Inaudible Melodies"
Day Seven: The Promise Ring "Say Goodbye Good"

I think that covers them all.

So, for those of you who saw the clips or even the DVD, I hope you enjoy the hard work put into it, as well as the crazy antics by some of the World's best (or funniest) freedivers :)

THANKS AGAIN,
Goh Iromoto

PS If anyone has any ideas, I'm trying to come up with some Freedive short flicks sometime soon...

CAFA PROMO: http://www.freedivecanada.com/
Worlds Clips: http://www.aidaworlds2004.com/video.html

Goh,

May I be the first to congratulate you on the DVD. Your hard work and dedication, both during the event and in the making of the DVD shines through!

I hope our paths cross once again!

Papa Smurf

Stephan - can I suggest you make it easier to find the page on here to buy Goh's DVD from! Been searching for ages before I found it!

thanks

Sam

Goh

I wish I could post some constructive criticism, but I can't. I simply
love this DVD!

I think you missed one of the tracks, though. The one at the end, that plays while the credits are rolling.

Which group might that be?

:)

thanks guys,

the last song is called "You're Gone" by Marillion

*That track was actually chosen and suggested by Team UK's very own Mark Harris :) *

....and there was I thinking I was their only fan....

Anyone else who wants to find a better way of life might like a browse at:

http://www.marillion.com

They'll even send you a CD sampler for free....that's how good they are!

Received my copy of the DVD! Fantastic job and wonderfully creative presentation! Great work Goh, you have done an awesome service to our memoires!

Thanks,

Tyler

Goh is god! (cont.)

I just got the DVD in the mail, and my eyes are still dry from watching it without blinking!

All I can say is, can't wait to see your next project!

Tremendous job, Goh!

Peter S.

Thanks guys!

Peter...Goh is God!!!

Now that's controversial!! :)

I just had a discussion today with the head of CAFA and PFI and am now planning to continue creating more works for the freediving community! Once again, Thanks for the support!

I just got my DVD and I know I am months behind everyone else but I just HAD to comment

Goh is God.. its true. This film is awesome, artistic, funny, inclusive, easy on the eye and attention grabbing from the first instant. I intended to do my ironing while I watched it.. tomorrow I go to work in creased clothes

and at the end I find it's in memory of Deepest Bear - well thanks Goh but he rose again to star another day.

well done, never seen freediving portrayed in such an approachable, stimulating way. It captures all my wonderful memories of Vancouver and is something I would show my parents and hey even the imaginary kids and grand kids..

sam x

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT