• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Air rings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kingohyes

Aug 17, 2003
Hi, yesterday I was training in the pool and I decided to train on making air rings. I cant get them really big, they pop when theyre about 30 cm in diameter. Whats the technique, I have seen people swim through them.

air-rings: how to do: take a steady position hold your mouth upwards, form a small circle with your lips. (as like picking up a tiny straw) than say "pop" the shorter the better. thats th way i learned it. to make the bubbles big, the water should be quiet.

Speaking of Air-Rings: has someone a nice picture of airrings ???
I am looking for one, could nt find much.

greets, dani

Attachments

• bulle_guillaume_mod.jpg
    bulle_guillaume_mod.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 558
wow, cheers the pictures and links are beautiful ! especially the video clip of stephane mifsud.

greetings dan wieser

Here is one I took from my trip to the Solomons earlis this month

Attachments

• bestring.jpg
    bestring.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 417
This picture was taken at about 12 meters in a cut near one of the "Palau-Like" rock islands.

what i am interested in is how how high to you manage to get one single bubblering without breaking up?

i hereby boldly claim that i managed to send one up from 9.4 m. it reached the surface in one piece. i have to admit though, that i was scuba diving that day.

so what's your personal best?

roland

:cool:

Originally posted by WISR
Speaking of Air-Rings: has someone a nice picture of airrings ???
I am looking for one, could nt find much.
Another thread here with many pics...

I think that the deeper you blow a ring the better. The pressure helps to keep the ring in tact and it will grow larger as the air expands while rising.

Jason

Ok, I just had the most cool idea ever. When explaining bubble rings to people who don't know, most people compare them to smoke rings. Why not combine the two? I don't even smoke cigarettes, but maybe I could get a cigar or something to make some smoke filled bubble rings. I bet in the right conditions it could look damn cool...

Originally posted by The111
Ok, I just had the most cool idea ever. When explaining bubble rings to people who don't know, most people compare them to smoke rings. Why not combine the two? I don't even smoke cigarettes, but maybe I could get a cigar or something to make some smoke filled bubble rings. I bet in the right conditions it could look damn cool...

Somehow, I get the feeling that compressed cigar smoke / cardbom monoxide (which you're not even supposed to inhale anyway) might do something funky....i.e.: not good

Heh, that's probably a good point.

NOBODY LISTEN TO MY SUGGESTIONS. :eek:

I rember seeing a bubble artist who made all types of cool bubble sculptures. He used to blow smoke into some of them and they looked really cool. Smelled terrible when they burst though.

Jason

smoke in rings

I remember my father making smoke filled soap bubbles on the veranda. They looked great when they hit the lawn and burst. Can't figure out how to get the smoke into bubble-rings though. Lighting a cigar at 15 meters is probably out of the question.
Aloha
Bill

Re: smoke in rings

Originally posted by Bill
Lighting a cigar at 15 meters is probably out of the question.
Well, my (possibly bad) idea was to inhale the smoke on the surface. Hell, you don't even have to inhale it if you're worried the pressure would cause something weird to happen. Just transport it to the bottom in your mouth. :)

Again, DON'T LISTEN TO MY STUPID IDEAS! :eek:

I've thought for a while that there would be a market for "scuba smokes" for that time spent on long decos. I'm a non smoker so instead stick with the plastic shower song book that has been good for deco for a while now. The same would be good for smokebubble rings I guess....but wouldn't that ruin the silver colour that looks so good....not to mention the obvious health implications

Ever tried to smoke a sheesha with milk instead of water in it?
Been told you get the thickest white smoke....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT