• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Alexander trigger dimension

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Charrisonkw

Jul 31, 2012
Im building my own gun and I jumped the gun and set my Alexander trigger mechanism in place before I cut a slot for the line release. However, I would like to install a line release to it. Is there any chance someone could send me the measurements for where the slot is on the Alexander trigger mechanism? Preferably from the bottom of the trigger just below the slot. It would be a great help.

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 285
Steve Alexander`s trigger mechanism is an excellent choice. It carries a life time warranty.
The dimensions which you need for cutting the slot for the line release lever are:
A) The slot starts at .080" measured from the bottom edge of the mechanism to the beginning of the slot`s opening. The slot is .125" wide and .930" long. It starts at .761" from the front edge on the mechanism. For the proper function and movement of the line release lever, this dimension on the wood stock has to be slightly enlarged toward the surface - forward and backward.
B) For locating the point for drilling the hole for the set screw holding the release lever - measure .761" back from the front edge of the mechanism plus half of the slots opening length, which is = .465 plus 1/32"(.031) ; total distance of 1.257". At this dimension draw a perpendicular line (90°) from the side of the trigger`s side. Measure .250" out from the trigger`s side and mark on the previous drawn perpendicular line. At the crossing point of these two dimensions is the point at which you have to drill the hole for the set screw. Use drill size of diameter .106" (#36) to a depth a little longer than the length of that set screw.
I wish you the best luck with your project.
Jordan H.
Hamilton Spear Guns - Custom Built Wood Spearguns

Thanks for the help. I ended up getting in touch with Steve Alexander himself and he recommended that it was a bad idea to cut the line release while not being able to take the trigger out of the gun. Two of the reasons being, one that the wood chips can jam the mech and two the trigger should be taken out of the gun to be greased and visually inspected about once every year.

Everything ended up wiring out for the best. I got the mech out easily by drilling two small holes were the pins would be on the other side of the stock and just tapped them out.

pictures of my gun

Attachments

• 616412_471259866226086_1713130822_o.jpg
    616412_471259866226086_1713130822_o.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 258
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT