• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

ALPINASUB "Dolphin" 3 ball sear pneumatic speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
This is the Alpinasub "Dolphin" speargun that was brought to my attention when posting information at www.apox.ru concerning the Doroganich "Sea Hunter" as this gun also uses a 3 ball sear or hitch. This "Dolphin" (Delphin) speargun is a wet barrel pneumatic gun that uses many plastic components to make it a floater after the shot. In fact it floats very well with the muzzle poking out slightly while the gun is just off the horizontal due to being slightly heavier in the rear end than at the front.

The "Dolphin" pneumatic speargun has an excellent standard of finish, being powder painted as many Eastern Bloc spearguns are and in my view it is a very attractive underwater weapon. Here is the gun’s schematic parts diagram and a couple of gun photos from the website. http://alpinasub.ru/collection/podvodnoe-ruzhje
Dolphin.jpg

DOLPHIN (1).jpg

alpinasub.ru-delphin-700-garpun.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: floatingbeatle
Here is a translated Operating Manual as a pdf file. The manual is for the Dolphin 50 cm model.

Attachments

• dolphin manual.pdf
    192.4 KB · Views: 351
While I had to approach the manufacturer directly when I purchased my gun from Russia, they are now available on eBay as I discovered while clicking on a link to something else. The gun has rather quirky looks, but works OK. Unusually the spear tail has a small "O" ring on its rear tang, which you can see in this photo, to provide friction to engage the piston. Like many Russian guns it has a painted finish, and that includes the “Taimen”, but will hold up unless you bash your gun on the rocks.
s-l1600.jpg

Just retrieved my Dolphin from the storeroom to make sure that it still works, which it does. One curious thing about this gun is that it has a long trigger pull before anything happens, which is OK once you get used to it. I think it is a function of the ball system and they have deliberately delayed the action so you do not get any surprises. By way of contrast the Doroganich speargun with a 3 ball sear has a very short throw of the trigger, just a press and the spear is off. The advantage of the Dolphin, besides its relatively low cost, is that it floats after the shot, albeit tail down on an angle. Will look at it in a bit more detail later.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT