• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Am I the only freediver in North Texas?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rielera

Oct 11, 2017
Hello! Just joined! the board doesn't seem to want to load an avatar for me, but, I promise I'm a real person.

Anyways I'm just north of Dallas, Texas, and there don't seem to be any freediving groups or classes around here that show up on a Google search. There are some on the coast, and I might do one of the classes sometime, but it would be so much easier to have something local.

So am I the only one in DFW? Because.... I need a buddy. Right now all I can do is a pretty pathetic 1m 1os breath hold, or one length across the 25m pool. I don't think I can move beyond that safely without someone else.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Welcome to deeperblue! Did a quick search and found we have at least one member in the DFW area. He joined last year and is still responding as of late July 2017. Not sure if he's doing your type of diving, but it could be worth getting in touch.

To see who else is out there, try typing in "dallas" in the search bar and respond to existing threads or pm people from your area.

Link to recently active thread:
https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/dynamic-dry-apnea.105612/#post-968890

Hi My name is Alek .I hope its will help but theres more free divers in North Tx and i one of them.Im just south of FW.If you looking for training and courses please contact me i will share what i know.

I'm over in Shreveport. Same deal over here! I do some dynamic work occasionally at our local YMCA -- I prep the lifeguards ahead of time, but I still don't push it much. I'd like to get to three laps in a 25yd pool. I'm up to about two and a half.

New Dallas resident here, glad to see there are others landlocked here! I am justttt west of Turtle Creek. Would love to get together for some pool time!

Background, from Charleston, SC and grew up in the Bahamas and go back to visit my parents in Exuma frequently.

Hello! Just joined! the board doesn't seem to want to load an avatar for me, but, I promise I'm a real person.

Anyways I'm just north of Dallas, Texas, and there don't seem to be any freediving groups or classes around here that show up on a Google search. There are some on the coast, and I might do one of the classes sometime, but it would be so much easier to have something local.

So am I the only one in DFW? Because.... I need a buddy. Right now all I can do is a pretty pathetic 1m 1os breath hold, or one length across the 25m pool. I don't think I can move beyond that safely without someone else.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Hello,

My name is Phillip Mishoe, and I offer Freediving lessons in central Texas. You can find me at https://www.facebook.com/freedivingtexas/
Feel free to reach out to me for class dates for the upcoming spring and summer.
You can also find me on instagram @FreedivingTexas

Breathe deep, Dive deep, Explore within...

Anyway, glad to be here!

Hey rielera,

What's up buddy. I've got some classes in Dallas planned this summer!! Check them out.

But on a side note whatever your current limits are, never are pathetic. We all start at different times and improve at a different pace. What is easy for you is often hard for others and vice versa... we all just have to keep improving at the things we like to do!!
The key is to push yourself to new goals while practicing proper safety, and always with a buddy! Keep pushing. We're all just trying to get better. (y)

FB: Phillip Sanchez Freediving

Anyway, glad to be here!
Have you found a buddy or freediver communities?

Have you found a buddy or freediver communities?
Hi, I am in Dallas and looking for a freediving partner. I am new to the sport but have taken level 1 and 2 classes. Let me know if you would like to dive.

New Dallas resident here, glad to see there are others landlocked here! I am justttt west of Turtle Creek. Would love to get together for some pool time!

Background, from Charleston, SC and grew up in the Bahamas and go back to visit my parents in Exuma frequently.
Let me know if you are still looking. I am in Dallas and looking for a diving buddy.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT