• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Amazing dive story

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ocean_314

Oct 4, 2006
It was a flat ocean today so i went over to the coast to go spearfishing and get some abs around the Ft Bragg area.
Went to my paradise spot that always has lots of blues and some lings to shoot and when i got there it was covered in sea lions. I mean all the rocks had sea lions on them and in the water sea lions sunning themselves everywhere. Must have been at least 500 of them. Now these are wild animals and dont interact with people like the ones around populated areas so iknew that they wouldnt bother me, just check me out in the water as i was swimming but still man what to do?
I decided to swim around them and try on the north side of this area i dive, rocks spread out over an area of 5 or 6 football fields or so, i am not diving in the opean ocean so i dont have to worry about mr white.
I got over a shallow area and into about 30' of water heading out to the end of the rocks when i ran into a massive school of big blues hanging around and following a few sea lions that where swimming around. It was unreal a sea lion would swim by folllowed by 100 blues. I got surrounded by at least 100 big blues and shot 2 doubles on my pole spear. I mean the fish where so tight and thick that i shot two fish at once , twice!
And it only got better!! i saw my first ling about 27" and shot him just getting him the long was under his skin with one tine. As I was putting him on my stringer just had the mental end of the stringer through his mouth and was taking him off the spear i saw out of the cornor of my eye a ling of about 10lbs charging my stringer. The ling grabbed a blue that was on the stinger pulling it out of my hand. I grabber the stinger but the ling i was putting on got away. A 10 second tug a war ensured before the ling let go and disapeared. Yet a third ling apeared and i got him. This all happened while the sea lions are swimming around.
Fish everywhere!!! it was amazing! Oh and i got my abs on the way in.

Sounds wonderful. Any pictures by chance during or after the dive?

nice one bro...sounds like a shweet dive!
every time i see a seal here in the cape town waters (especially when its dirty) i jump outta my skin! the little buggers just pop up in front of you , all you see is two huge eyes checking you out! hehe

JPPLAY i posted a pic a couple of weeks ago. it was titled Picture of an average hunt in my paradise spot.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT