• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Amazing YF Tuna Video Clip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spicer

Gasping Git
Aug 8, 2005
Watch this [ame]http://www.zippyvideos.com/2566433065107276/yftuna1/[/ame] clip. Foxfish that is what I call a proper gun. That makes the mamba look tame.

Reactions: Huw
Isn't it that Russian contraption, the Aquatech hydro-pneumatic gun? The second-shot was with long Asso (no pun intended:t ). Italian divers off Cape Town? What gives Miles?

Hiya

That gun belongs to Carlos Martinez. He as well as Fernando Abella owns one. If i recall correctly, they're custom built by a Ukranian spearo.

The second shot isn't shown on the video clip. The original shot was with a white bungee. The second shot was with one of my railguns, attached to a black bungee. The third shot, which is shown on the clip, is with my 115cm Rabitech APex with Omer100 reel. The whole fight actaully took more than 30 minutes and the original video footage is in AWESOME quality!!! The clip's quality isn't that good.

Carlos, Fernando and Daniel Sanchez, from Spain, came to annoy our YF tuna's!! If you look on the boat in the clip, thats me and Tommy lifting the fish out of the water onto the boat!!

Regards
miles

Reactions: Huw
miles said:
thats me and Tommy lifting the fish out of the water onto the boat!!

I didn't recognize you, too fast and blurry at the end. I did recognize the boat from other photos.

You know what? The first shot seemed kind of slow for me. My multi-band Azimuth 120 shot looks much faster.

Hiya

They only shot that one fish with that gun. Apparently, you can pump it up to 50 pumps, but Carlos only managed 15-20pumps or so, as with all the fish around him, it was taking too long!! For all the other fish they used our wooden guns built by Tommy.

Regards
miles

miles said:
Carlos only managed 15-20pumps or so, as with all the fish around him, it was taking too long!!

You tell me! I cracked out watching the guy pumping like a maniac while the tuna zig-zagued few feet in front of him. rofl

Clips like this just outstand me!

Being used to the european fish in my waters, this is a rare oppertunity for me to see how you guys do things! Thanks alot for sharing it! Are there anny similar clips out there?

Thanks,
Huw

Deep Thinker...

The clip is played in 'flash' format. You may want to either update your current flash player or even install it if you dont have it at all. I think this link should sort you out ( and anyone else that cant see it)...

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

If this doesnt work then maybe your web browser is blocking the file from appearing... in which case i would try disabling your pop-up blocker temporarily if you have one. Alternatively your firewall may be stopping it, although i wouldnt advise that you turn it off to see if this is the problem.

Hope i helped!

Huw

Hiya

Deepthinker, the clip is working again!! Check it out!!

Regards
miles

Yay I finally got to see it, what an amazing experience it must be to take one of those monsters in the deep. ( hint hint )
Seriously though that looks awesome, I think in this case though a rail gun from the beginning would have been a better choice, u almost feel the tension building as the guy pumps the pnuematic, kinda funny me thinks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…