• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

An idea for my favourite fish

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

las_dudas

Aug 26, 2009
grouper website

Hello everybody,

Ever since I've started spearfishing my favourite fish has been the grouper.
Throughout the years I've learned a lot about this fish, going from its pray, to its habitat, and so on ... I'll never forget the first grouper I caught. Every catch is a new battle. Anyhow..
A few days ago I was surfing the web and it came to me. Since there isn't one, I would like to start up a new website regarding to everything what has to do with groupers: living area's, stories from people, equipment helping to catch them, different species, places where they are threatened, photo's and video's, recepies ... you get the picture.

But unfortunatly I'm not that handy with websites so I will need some help. If you think you can help me, contact me. I was thinking of creating the website in the same style as the hawaiiskindiver website. Also if you've got ideas for the website feel free to share them with me.

Greetz

Last edited:
If I may, I'd like to suggest an "Invasive Species" section. I dive in hawaii fairly regularly and the Peacock Grouper problem there is totally out of control. They are usually ciguatoxic so the locals don't often shoot them, allowing the numbers to grow. On my last trip, I shot at least 10 and saw many many more. While there are some occasional efforts to combat them, it is an uphill battle. I can only imagine that similar conflicts with invasive grouper species exist elsewhere in the world.

I've heard of the Peacock Grouper problem but I don't think there are many places with a similar problem. I've searched the internet and didn't find a thing.
I know a lot of local fishermen. When I go on a trip, it's the first thing I do. Ask about the grouper population so I'm sure I don't do any harm. When the population is fine I'll hunt for them, if not I'll search for other fish. Sadly there aren't many places anymore with a healthy population. But I'll definetly use your idea. One of the main idea's of the site is preventing the extinction of the groupers.
Thanks a lot

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…