• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

And now for the hot stuff

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

deep thinker

Let the good times roll
Jan 19, 2006
WARNING: this stuff is sh#t hot so go easy with it if you arent too wild about the hot stuff but like the taste and if your crazy about hot stuff like the person I made this for keep a roll of toilet paper in your fridge rofl .

Ok youll need, a few handfulls of mixed chillies, I used Jalapenos, the pointy green and red ones and the bullet shaped fat yellow ones, dont know all the names. Basically any kind of chilli you can get your hands on. A bottle of olive oil, a stove with grill, a baking tray a sharp knive and a cutting surface.

Take your chillies and cut them in half, lenth wise. Do this cause otherwise the chillies will pop from the heat as they cook ( yes I found this out the hard way, not fun to clean chilli pips from the oven rofl ) If you want you can also remove some of the pips during this process, it will take out a bit of the heat.
Now spread the chillies on the baking tray and smother them in olive oil, basicaly you need to cover the exterior of the chilli with a thin layer and have some oil floating in the bottom of the tray. You could also add a bit of salt and some garlic for taste I think, Im gonna try this on the next batch and let you know how it came out.
With your grill preheated pop the tray in the oven and grill till the chilli is soft and has a bit of a burn on the skins, dont overdo it though youll lose some of the smaller ones. 10 to 15 mins depending on your oven should do it.
Take out the tray and let it cool down, take your grilled chillies and cut em up in small pieces and chuck these into a jar. Remove any burned bits and pips from your oil and add the leftover oil to the chilli in the jar. Cover the contents in the jar with clean olive oil and gently mix it through you chillies and voila you have some home made chilli paste that lasts for about three weeks.
It goes good with anything that needs a bit of a kick or just some zest. Meat, chicken fish salad anything but once again beware, on something like a salad add 3/4 of a teaspoon to your dressing or straight into the salad and mix properly same for meat and so on.
Cheers and enjoy and remember to keep a few cold beers close at hand

Reactions: BennyB
I don’t mind a bit of heat mate but that sounds like it will blow yer head off.
I’ve done the same sort of thing but with Aubergine and its great with toast.

It does, thats why I say 3/4 of a teaspoon is almost enough, but the missus digs the hot stuff and takes a chunk out of a jar of tobasco over half a pizza. Shes crazy for chilli and finished the first batch I made in about a week, needless to say she digs the stuff

And . . . no, it would be ungentlemanly of me to ask what the overall effect might be. Good on yer, . . . I think. :naughty

well as far as i know chilli doesnt have any negative effect (if your semi use to eating chilli and you dont have any ulcer's but hey i stand corrected. I do however know that chilli and cayenne pepper is excellent for blood pressure and avoids heart desease.

It does also speed up your metabolism, O and dont touch any sensitive bits after youve worked with em, meaning eyes nose or what ever else you clasify as sensitive rofl . Covering your hands with oil before cutting them up and cleaning them does help a bit though, but only a bit...

If i work with chilli i wash my hands with vinegar. Works every time :friday

Reactions: Spaniard
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…