• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another new guy

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Trini

Dive Dive Dive
Jun 25, 2006
Hey all, I am a scuba diver from Trinidad currently going to school in East Lansing, Michigan. I have never been spearfishing before but I have been interested in trying it for quite a while now and finally decided to get everything in gear and start making plans to do it. I have been lurking for quite a while and I have picked up alot of very helpful tips already, and figured I should register and introduce myself.

Well thats my little rant over,

Mikey

Hiya

Welcome to DeeperBlue!!! Always good to have another spearo on board!!:D:D

Regards
miles

Hi Mikey, will you be spearing in Trinidad, if so what would you be hoping to catch?

I will be doing most of my spearing in Trinidad and I will mainly be going after groupers and snappers and/or anything else that I can find that is worth shooting.

welcome Trini - i guess Michigan is quite a change from home :D

I know I'd prefer to live mmmm you lucky man!

from Michigan to Trinidad, wow that sounds like a similar stretch. although you are going home to familiar haunts. Best of luck to you in your fishing.
I have been fishing in Saipan for the last two months straight-[first time spearfishing] and 1 year, 5 months to go, even have the blisters from the pole spear to prove it, an all I can recommend is perfect the ASPETTO, if you want large reef fish, or pelagics. ooh yeah, and what most spearos never mention, BE QUIET!, no stomach gurgling or the fish scatter- I sm still struggling with this! I havent seen too many Groupers out here, except around wrecks, but they tend to hole up. (short aluminum gun is requisite) I have a 100CM wood gun for reef/pelaj on backorder so holes will be avoided.

make sure you have everything you need, it can get depressing when something crucial fails, and there is no replacement, or shop in country.

best of luck,
tbgsub.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT