• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another proof for the Aquatic Ape Theory?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepThought

Freediving Sloth
Sep 8, 2002
From this source (and others):
Monkey starts walking like a human
A monkey at an Israeli zoo started walking like a human after recovering from a serious illness.

Natasha, a five-year-old macaque at the Safari Park, near Tel Aviv, now walks exclusively on her hind legs.

She almost died of a severe stomach flu but suddenly stabilised and was released from the zoo's clinic.

Workers at the zoo say that's when she started walking upright exclusively, reports CBC News.

Monkeys usually alternate between upright walking and moving on all fours.

A zoo veterinarian says he's not sure why she has altered her behaviour but says the illness could have caused brain damage.

Other than walking upright, the vet says Natasha's behaviour has returned to normal.
Could this be the proof needed for the Aquatic Ape Theory?
Apes getting brain damage from apnea thuss starting to walk upright?
From what it sometimes seems, I would'nt be surprised if we're all descended from brain damaged monkeys.... ;)

(Ofcoruse I'm only kidding and don't put any real meaning to this news item.)

Attachments

• 114822.jpg
    114822.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: naiad
Maybe this goes back to Adam and Eve, one day Eve had a headache and Adam wanted to make love so he found a female ape instead she hads babies some swung in trees some walked upright as another species of man
YakDiver

A zoo veterinarian says he's not sure why she has altered her behaviour but says the illness could have caused brain damage.

You mean we are brain-damaged monkeys? I knew something was wrong with the human race! :hmm

Adrian

This may actually be rather important.

I must confess that the scientist in me has bound the humanitarian, and gagged him with duct tape. I feel a nearly overwhelming urge to abduct this ape, transport it to an undisclosed location, study it to death and then conduct an historic post-mortem with much microtoming, staining and electron microscopy.

Seriously - this has the feel of one of those rare, serendipitous and historic research opportunities.

Assuming, of course, it is not plain old crapola.

Hmmmm . . . y'know, she looks just like some of the high school students from down the street and around the corner, especially in the hairdo and the facial expression! Is evolution something we can outgrow? :D

Originally posted by Paul Kotik
This may actually be rather important.

I must confess that the scientist in me has bound the humanitarian, and gagged him with duct tape. I feel a nearly overwhelming urge to abduct this ape, transport it to an undisclosed location, study it to death and then conduct an historic post-mortem with much microtoming, staining and electron microscopy.

Seriously - this has the feel of one of those rare, serendipitous and historic research opportunities.
Why? to prove the world that a really small change is needed to make a monkey walk upright, and therefore millions of years of mutations causing a monkey to evolve into human is not that far-fetched after all? :)
I don't think this will make any creationist to convert...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT