• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Another Woman Spearo!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dr. Fish

Sep 11, 2005
hallo everyone

I'm the new girl in town !
My hobbies: killing stuff ( well fish mostly except if they are pretty then my finger just cannot pull the trigger!)
My husband is afraid of my reputation with a speargun but lucky for him i can patch him up ...
im actually just a newbie still learning the ropes and my aim is to best my mentor... which is on the cards for 2006 if i can get in the water that is.
to put everyone in the picture my mentor decides when it is safe for me to get in the water, leaves my wetsuit at home..PURPOSEFULLY .. leaves me to buggy all day while he is in the water and does NOT want to second shoot any big fish i shoot. Despite all these obstacles i plan on superceding him soon :) After all it wont be too difficult considering he cannot shoot straight!He seems to like shooting the tail end of the fish. says its planned when ever i ask why not shoot just behind the head. :hmm :hmm

feel free to offer me any handy tips!

bye for now
zazu

Dr. Fish said:
hallo everyone

I'm the new girl in town !
My hobbies: killing stuff ( well fish mostly except if they are pretty then my finger just cannot pull the trigger!)
My husband is afraid of my reputation with a speargun but lucky for him i can patch him up ...
im actually just a newbie still learning the ropes and my aim is to best my mentor... which is on the cards for 2006 if i can get in the water that is.
to put everyone in the picture my mentor decides when it is safe for me to get in the water, leaves my wetsuit at home..PURPOSEFULLY .. leaves me to buggy all day while he is in the water and does NOT want to second shoot any big fish i shoot. Despite all these obstacles i plan on superceding him soon :) After all it wont be too difficult considering he cannot shoot straight!He seems to like shooting the tail end of the fish. says its planned when ever i ask why not shoot just behind the head. :hmm :hmm

bye for now
zazu

rofl rofl

well it's about time you appeared :) welcome you!

Welcome :cool:

probably he worry that you will become better than him, common man thing. rofl

Welcome to the forum Doc. :wave
Nice to see more woman spearos on the DB :) ,we will see more fishes with fin (blue or yellow) i hope :cool: .
Aydın

Howdy, howdy Zazu!

Some of the best hints and lessons are already in writing here on the forum. So, start reading and start asking!

:)

Dr. Fish said:
Very nice to see more women spearfishers, My late friend Alison would have been over the moon to see this recent influx. To quote Lucia from another thread "What would Alison have said?" Probably something like-
"Well in order to catch more fish, you need to extend your forefinger and poke it in your mentors eye next time he forgets your wet suit!" or "undo some of the stiching in the crotch area in his wet suit trousers, the incoming cold water will see you with more gun time"

Hi Dr Fish :wave and welcome to DB.Just one tip, even if you are better at shooting fish, dont tell us Men, we "DO NOT LIKE IT".Man feed woman and all that primate stuff. :) :) :) .

Heck, if you make it to California, you can outshoot me any time you want. No worries, I'm used to it. :D

Welcome Zazu,

Nice to know of more girls that enjoy to kill fishes too

Cheers

Ivan

Hello Zazu,

Heck, a newbie embracing a 60 Kg YFT? :cool: I have saved your photo on my file. Keep on shooting. :)

hi guys and gals

Thanx for the welcome ...now i just need to get in the water !
Its been some time and i have withdrawal symptoms already! :waterwork

zazu

Reactions: miles
Dr. Fish said:
hi guys and gals

Thanx for the welcome ...now i just need to get in the water !
Its been some time and I have withdrawal symptoms already! :waterwork

zazu

What? All of four or five minutes out of the water, judging by the photo of fish & boat on the other thread! ;)

Welcome!

HI ZAZU!!!!

Welcome here! :wave
It is really great to see another female spearfisher!

CYA !

Vivien

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT