• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

*** Ants In Your Pants ***

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

laura storm

Rebel Angel
Jan 16, 2003
Coming soon to a TV screen near you! Well, more precisely this Saturday night. On the 6th October Mark Altsaint Harris and Livvy Blue Fins Love Jooce will be live on ITV coaching Ant and Dec in a head to head breath-hold challenge. So tune in to Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway @ 5:28 to see who goes down and stays down the longest. Will it be Liv's Dec or Mark's Ant who wins the title?

Roll up, roll up aquaholics - place your bets!

And if that isn't star-spangled enough .. last week's preview had been shot by none other than Monkey Matt.
BAFTAs Lovies, BAFTAs!!
x

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
my money's on Dec at 2 mins 10 seconds...

oh bum, we won't have a picture on sky at that time here in Cyprus (we lose the signal around that time grrrr) - could someone record it for me somehow?

Ant - 2 min 32 sec

Reactions: laura storm
Hi Donna - they rerun video clips of the Ant vs. Dec challenges on the Saturday Night Takeaway website. We did a load of training and filming today, and if they screen some of the footage I am hoping they will, it should give the viewers a taste of real freediving, not just the breath-hold stunt itself. Both the guys did very well, so it will be an interesting challenge to watch!

I know it doesn't make good PR for freediving but it would be great TV and a gift to the world.....do they both go 'too far' ?

Guessing not, shame - dec 3'00"

Lammy

It'll be a live performance on Saturday so nothing is certain. They're 'in training' this week though. Liv and Mark giving them a taste of our brand of tough love coaching. You know. The type that gets results! :D

My notes are on Dec but that's coz he's cute ;)
x

Reactions: Pastor
Sheesh :head. Don't worry Pastor, I've been telling her for years to get her eyes tested. ;)
x

Tough love.... the best kind :D

Liv don't give all our tricks away.... like the one where you put the thingy in the you know so they can't whatsit....

rofl .. Spaniard!!! What planet are you on? 5mins20? I love your optimism but bring it down babe - these are pre-pubescent newbies if you get my drift.
x

what I want to know is

Have you got them eating pomegranates????

and

How do I get out of dave's mum's 70th birthday party long enough to watch ant and dec on saturday????

Hmmm. Looks like the 'Diet & Lifestyle' section of my training schedule has been leaked then.

I'll try and find out at dress rehearsals where the challenge will be sitting in the overall programme. I'm really hoping there will be some good VT footage from the Underwater Stage at Pinewood, as Liv and I did a bit more than just teach statics.

The challenge won't be quite as you expect. I won't spoil the surprise, but it certainly won't be anything like competition statics.

Reactions: naiad
it was great folks! just saw the actual challenge, no other footage but it was fun and a hell of a good ad for freediving

thanks from all of us for doing that and raising awareness

(PS where did you get two new paradisia nose clips from???)

Reactions: AltSaint
Thanks, both of you. Luckily with this programme, we actually had some input to how things were set up, safety, warnings, background information etc. I was pleased that they also showed freedivers swimming underwater with fins ( i.e. us two ) to balance things out a bit more.

It was hard work too, and Liv and I spent nearly a day and a half in the outside tank at Southbank studios. A good amount of skin has started to part company with my feet!

The Paradisia noseclips were Liv's, and she has promised to send me a link to the website where she found them.

Although I had a T-shirt displaying the BFA logo, it didn't show up on-screen. I hope though, this challenge will drum up some more interest in Freediving in the UK. Ironically, I have been unable to contribute my thoughts to the current thread discussing the demise of UK Freediving, as I have been too busy with this project.

For anyone outside the UK who wants to see the actual challenge, ITV normally have a clip on their website a couple of days after. I'll post a link when it appears.

I'm still gutted that Ant didn't win. We weren't expecting him too, but I had hoped he would surprise us and outstay Dec. Not to be.

A big thanks to Liv for her professionalism and teamwork...and of course bringing a touch of elegance to it all.

Mr. h

just saw the whole thing in full this morning.... Liv - monofin??? you looked great!! throw away the bi fins now!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT