• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

*** Ants In Your Pants ***

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
That's what I keep telling her Sam!

You guys looked fantastic, well done

Reactions: AltSaint
Luckily with this programme, we actually had some input to how things were set up, safety, warnings, background information etc.
I was very glad to see that. Anything which shows freediving, and particularly static or dynamic apnea, needs lots of safety warnings.

I was pleased that ITV broadcast the warnings the way they did - frequently and specifically ( Dec explaining that he wasn't allowed to train on his own ). So maybe, just maybe, 2 things might happen. Perhaps some viewers will want to take up freediving. Perhaps some other viewers will think twice about holding their breath on their own in the bath / swimming pool.

For anyone who doesn't get ITV or missed it, you should be able to see it here:

http://www.itv.com/Entertainment/quiz/AntandDecsSaturdayNightTakeaway/default.html

Just need to scroll down to 'Byte Sized Takeaway Fun'. It will probably be just the challenge itself. I can't check because the firewall I am behind won't let me watch videos.

Reactions: Pastor
Ant and Dec's breath-hold challenge is up on U-Tube for those who missed it :D.

A big up to Liv and Mark for taking their own deep breaths and going with this. They both put 100% into it behind the scenes which, believe me .. wasn't always easy with such a big crew involved. Ant and Dec were up against it from the start, as it's a live and incredibly frenetic show. They had about 4 mins to leave the studio stage where they'd been leaping around, get into their wetsuits and calm themselves enough to even think about holding their breath. Respect all round ...

YouTube - Ant and Dec - Ant vs Dec - Holding Breathe Underwater/Sink

x

Reactions: AltSaint
Great job guys, I overdid it on the bet! That's a great looking tank they've got at Pinewood, anything deeper or bigger??

The Pinewood underwater stage is 6m deep, 20m long, 10m wide, water temp approx 32 degrees, water all UV filtered, 2 Observation windows, and a shedload of scaffolding, props and cameras. It's actually a bit too warm if you're swimming around in a 3mm suit.

HMS Dolphin's Submarine Escape Training Tower in Gosport is deeper at 28 metres.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT