• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

ANUBIS SPEARFISHING ADVENTURES EPISODE#02 (VIDEO)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

vfxd

Mar 26, 2016
This is the SECOND episode of the web series about spearfishing with freediving with some of the most spectacular fishes in the Hellenic seas.
Throughout the images, the sound, the dialogue and the music we want to share with you as best as we can what we see, feel and think during our spearfishing adventures.
Hold your breath and follow us through this 70' minutes episode of action with some great catches of our beutifull seabeds.

We hope you enjoy it and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel for more!

With respect,
Anubis S.F. Team

ABOUT:

It is a new web series about spearfishing and free diving, not only for the experienced divers, but also for viewers of all ages and experience levels, as the journey of the team (Dimitris Vosios, Babis Plastourgos and Victor Zafiropoulos) will be the portal to witness beautiful Greek scenery and get to know some of the secrets that the sea hides...
Within some of the episodes, there will be two embedded categories. Medical advice from the MD, ENT Dr. Dimitris Louloudis, whο gives prevention tips and information about potential risks that can be found at sea and secrets to improve our performance in diving, and knowing our bodies better. The other part is purely technical. It focuses on proper selection, adjusting, setup and use of the diver’s equipment, in all the categories and independent products.

Each episode will last approx. 50 to 70 minutes.

We thank you all for your support... Dive safe...always with awareness and respect to all living beings underwater.

It's cool but it's not in English and there aren't any subtitles.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

Reactions: vfxd
It's cool but it's not in English and there aren't any subtitles.

There are both English and Greek subtitles my friend! Check the "CC" option in the youtube menu (near the gear icon) and you will see them! Thanx for the comment!

There are both English and Greek subtitles my friend! Check the "CC" option in the youtube menu (near the gear icon) and you will see them! Thanx for the comment!
And feel free to comment and subscribe to our channel! It means a lot to us... thanx once again!

Phenomenal video and spearfishing! Most probably the most professionally produced video I've seen too date.
Thanks for posting.

From what depth do you guys normally start using variable weight?

Phenomenal video and spearfishing! Most probably the most professionally produced video I've seen too date.
Thanks for posting.

From what depth do you guys normally start using variable weight?

Thank you very much for your good words! This kind of feedback is what we need to keep on working!
As far as it concerns the variable weight, it depends... Most of the times we use it always during a "deep" spearfishing day for many reasons. The first and most important is the safety issue. If you make 30-40 or more dives per day in such depths, is very important to have long relaxation time on the surface and is very important to stay relaxed and untired. So we use them very often (as we use to dive in big depths) and for an another reson...our duties during the weeks! concerning jobs, family etc. We usually go fishing in the weekends witch means that we have to "spear" 2 days in a row from sunrise to sunset, witch is very exhausting...In the other hand there are days that we dive using constant weights when most of the dives are in shallower depths (20-30 meters)... hope i covered you and stay tuned cause in the next episode we will explain/analyze the difference between constant and variable weights, and how/why we use them! Thank you very much for your comment my friend!!

Reactions: landshark sa
So what kind of wetsuits do you guys use? I tried to find a link in the YouTube video but wasn't one.

What do you mean? There is a whole presentation regarding the wetsuits we use in winter time.... (12:25) In addition check the chapters in the episodes description...

Stay tuned cause in the next episode we will explain/analyze the difference between constant and variable weights, and how/why we use them!

Thanks for the reply.

It's not often that I watch a spearfishing video again and again but yours certainly had me going back and also gave me lots to think about. Very much looking forward to the next episode!

So we use them very often (as we use to dive in big depths) and for an another reson...our duties during the weeks! concerning jobs, family etc. We usually go fishing in the

I was really under the impression that you guys must be professional spearfishers, so juggling normal day jobs and family etc makes your dives even more impressive!!

If you make 30-40 or more dives per day in such depths, is very important to have long relaxation time on the surface and is very important to stay relaxed and untired.

Doing so many very deep dives during a day, decompression sickness (DCS) must be a real concern. How do you manage that? Do you have a set surface interval / schedule for specific depths that you adhere to?

First of all, THANK YOU very much for your good words!

We spend about 15 minutes on the surface from dive to dive...in addition we ALWAYS dive with a partner. So we have to wait for the other one to surface from his dive, which means extra time..(it's no that boring...). Sometimes when we push ourselves (usually in summer days that the day is longer) we breath medical oxygen in -3/5m for about 10 minutes in order to avoid some king of DCS. But to avoid any misunderstanding, this is something that requires knowledge/experience and lots of years of freediving and i wouldn't suggest it for beginners...just for the record...spearfishing in such depths, isn't something to take lightly. You have to be aware of many things and never overestimate your potentials...In the end, this is an issue which could take days of discussion...
Stay tuned to our channel! In upcoming episodes, we will analyze this matter with worldwide awarded athletes/instructors! And don't forget to comment, like, subscribe! Thank you very much for your interest mate!! Love from Greece!!

Reactions: landshark sa
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…