• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any adverse affects to pyrography on speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rob_Apnea

Sep 21, 2017
Hi all,

I'm starting to design my own speargun, my old man is a fine furniture and cabinet maker and so have access to skills and workshop. A couple of questions for experienced Spearo's.

I'm looking to use non tropical hardwoods, and I prefer an oil finish, very happy to oil regularly if need be, ideally uk native hard woods or at least non endangered species, what would you recommend?

Secondly if I wanted to finish the gun with a pyrogroahy octopus (my favourite sea creature) would the burning in impact the gun in any negative way? Would I need to epoxy over it if I chose to engrave/burn a design in?

Lastly it will be a 90cm euro style gun, double elastic.

Also where is best to get the metal fixings needed and trigger system? Ideally something of exceptional quality and high craftsmanship.

Many thanks will post as it comes along and will also do a small film about the project.

Rob

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT