• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any Chances for a Hawaii Forum?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

blaiz

Apr 8, 2008
It maybe a fleeting effort due to the fact that other than myself and a handful of others there doesnt seem to be too many divers from Hawaii on the forum. That being said I still think it may be a nice attraction to have a hawaii forum. I mean we have a canada forum, an east coast forum, a west coast forum and so on... yet no Hawaii forum. I think it might be an attraction for more hawaii divers to participate.

ANyway, just my thoughts. Let me know what you think. Maybe the few Hawaii divers on the sight can chime in too:blackeye

Reactions: podge
Get the others to "Chime in" & lets see how many of you there are?

I think it could be good. I like hearing about it even if I'm not there (I can dream!). Maybe get some more info. on kite kayaking, outriggers & open muzzle railguns too. Hawaii is a popular vacation location from the US too. esp. from the W. coast.

(As for Britain, thawing is hampering completion of our igloo:().

Reactions: blaiz
I think it could be good. I like hearing about it even if I'm not there (I can dream!). Maybe get some more info. on kite kayaking, outriggers & open muzzle railguns too. Hawaii is a popular vacation location from the US too. esp. from the W. coast.

(As for Britain, thawing is hampering completion of our igloo:().

Hey Mr X
I was up on Dartmoor yesterday with snow up to a foot deep. We built an Igloo big enough for 4 people. Its way more difficult than it looks!

Reactions: Mr. X
Come on guys.... need some support from other hawaii divers... anyone out there?

Blaiz maybe a sendout on some of the other lists or forums would get some locals here? Tactfully of course ;)
I'm thinking the freedivelist and any of the local shop's forums etc.

Aloha!

I know of at least 9-10 Hawaii divers off the top of my head posting on DB. Just a matter if they read this thread and choose to respond.

Blaiz, have you tried advertising on the Hawaii Skin Diver forum?

Aloha!

I know of at least 9-10 Hawaii divers off the top of my head posting on DB. Just a matter if they read this thread and choose to respond.

Blaiz, have you tried advertising on the Hawaii Skin Diver forum?

Thought about it but dont know how tasteful it would be to advertise the DB on Hawaii Skidivers sight.

Blaiz, many DB staff members appreciate the idea of a hawaiian section.
It can be done, why not, and hopefully more hawaiian people will join in.
You see this is not a european forum, or an american forum, or anything. This has always been a world forum with local sections, somewhere to meet your own home guys and the rest of the world in the same place.
So if a dedicated hawaii section will make it a better place to stay for you hawaiian guys, and help you feel like at home, I think it's a good thing. :)
Of course, as it would be your own "room" in the house, it would be up to you to make it a nice, warm and clean place top stay in.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT