• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any Experience with Spetton Spearguns?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

lok23

Oct 27, 2020
Hi all,

Im new here, first off wanted to thank the forum for accepting me in. hope i will learn alot from you guys and gals!.

I have been looking online for a 75cm speargun, and saw the spetton traker sport : https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/spetton-traker-sport-75/137537035/p

Are these guns of quality? can it take another 16mm thick 47cm long band for extra strength? can i somehow upgrade the gun ( change the mechanism?).

Also, anyone know where they are made? any other suggestions for a 75cm speargun would really help!

Thanks and advance guys!

Lok, you haven't bought the gun yet and already looking to improve it. From my personal experience with sub-100$ guns. You can spend a few extra $$ and add another rubber, but trigger mechanism will fail to hold the shaft. Upgrading trigger mechanism might be either tricky or impossible. In my case, everything is glued together for saving on manufacturing costs, I mean tube and both ends, including halves of the pistol handle. You will be lucky if spear shaft is anodized, at least it will not rust, but there will be bending from very benign forces, as it is made from no heat-treatable steel. In my case it wasn't even anodized or zinc-plated and shaft rusted away quickly.

When I counted my pennies, purchasing a properly made shaft, then trigger mech, and pistol grip, bulk rubber - I came up with the price of a decent gun. Basically the only marginally salvageable part from my gun was the barrel tube. It isn't a very bad gun as is, I mean, I have taken quite a few fish with it. It just needed to be taken for what it is.

I really liked my Omer Cayman ET (75 cm) until it was stolen from my truck. I looked to buy the same gun, but they are out of production. Since then I bought Salvimar Metal at 75cm length, and it has proven to be a very productive gun. It is on a cheaper side, but so far does its job. I also like Pathos Sniper ET that I have. It is a bit more expensive gun but way more robust built compared to Salvimar. Pathos and Omer are of such build that they ask for being overpowered with added rubber and thicker shaft etc.

@lok23 The Sigalsub nemesis pro in the link above is an even better gun than the Beuchat Hero or Evil open. If you can afford it, that's what I would buy for sure. The one in the link comes with a reel already. I think that you still need to buy the reel line.
Yes line isn't included but reel, double muzzle that can take bigger bands, trigger to handle more power, and barrel can be upgraded to bigger size if needed. They also come with good bands and shaft according to many. It already comes quite upgraded compared to the initial gun already though for a price.

Reactions: DivingNomad
Yes line isn't included but reel, double muzzle that can take bigger bands, trigger to handle more power, and barrel can be upgraded to bigger size if needed. They also come with good bands and shaft according to many. It already comes quite upgraded compared to the initial gun already though for a price.
Hey Guys, my country has a 80usd max no customs law, anything above is charged +17%...

Dont have many options!

With your limitation I would look at the Picasso Asegai. It seems to be a good basic tool that has been around for quite a while.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT