• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any freediving clubs near Birmingham, UK ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

YuL_

Nov 2, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have a question for UK freedivers : I might move from Paris, France to the Birmingham / Coventry area in the upcoming months for professional reasons.

I have searched the internet a bit for freediving clubs there (through the BFA site as an example), but have found almost nothing in this area : (
Is there really no freediving club in Birmingham ??

I train every week (once or twice) with my club in Paris and would definitely like to keep this pace in my new location !
Any tips ? Contacts ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any info you could provide me with !

YuL_

hey yul!! I am in Birmingham too. Had the pleasure to meet @Stephan Whelan and @apneaboy at the nearby dive show.

Apneaboy filled me in.. there is a club over towards coventry I beleive. At the moment they are off for winter but will apparently be starting up again around april/march. Time to get he land training in :) I'll be finding out more details then.

Regards,

Scott

Reactions: apneaboy
Hello everyone, I'm based in Birmingham and would be grateful for any info of clubs or instructors working in the west mids.

Peter

Reactions: drunkinbda
I do the original courses in Manchester, but then we do have divers diving in the midlands afterwards, you can look at the course pages here www.learn2freedive.com new website coming soon :)

Hey! In the Birmingham area too, desperate to find a club to train though, not to mention like minded people :)
The search isn't going great, so in the meantime I'm doing as many breathing exercises/yoga until I can find a pool to train in (that would allow my fins!)...
Booked my ticket for the Dive show next month though, excited!

Hey! In the Birmingham area too, desperate to find a club to train though, not to mention like minded people :)
The search isn't going great, so in the meantime I'm doing as many breathing exercises/yoga until I can find a pool to train in (that would allow my fins!)...
Booked my ticket for the Dive show next month though, excited!

Hi I know this post is nearly a year old now but I too live in the local area and would like to see if there is a club about. However from what it sounds like there isn't anything within a sensible distance to train at often. As this looks like the case would anyone be interested in finding a pool and start some training?

I'm also interested in doing some freediving training in and around the Birmingham area hopefully in some quarries was what I thinking. Read my profile and send me a message if you're interested :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT