• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any freediving competition in USA ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Jan,

Sorry nobody has responded to you.

I personally haven't heard of anything yet, but check with Grant Graves he is the Pres. of the USAA and might know of something I don't.

If I hear of anything I'll post it.

DSV

Freediving Competitions In Hawaii, Grand Cayman, Florida and Canada

Hey Jan,

Just saw your post. The ones that I am aware of are in Kona, Hawaii, Grand Cayman, Florida, and several in Canada.

February 2008 - There is one in Kona, Hawaii that will take place at the end of February. I think this is an open. If it is, there should be an official announcement any day now.
February - October 2008 - There are several Canadian competitions listed here - Freedive Canada - Upcoming Competitions

April 2008 - Peformance Freediving's 3rd annual open competition being held in Grand Cayman. Here is the link - http://www.performancefreediving.com/news/cayman08/news_cayman2008info.htm

Summer 2008 - U.S. Nationals in Florida. Nothing official yet on this event. There should be an official announcement in the near future. United States Apnea Association - United States Apnea Association (USAA)

I am sure there are more but these are the only ones I am aware of. Maybe someone else can add to this list.

Craig

Last edited:
Jan,

I have been to a few of the above mentioned competitions and they have all been really fun and super professionally organized and run. It's nice too as they tend to be on the small side (compared to Europe) so only dozens of competitors instead of hundreds so a bit easier and more relaxed.

There are also several "open" freedive get togethers in the US (these aren't competitions however). Last year there was one in the summer in Oregon and one in Wisconsin(?), if you look in the places to dive, North America you will see these posted at the top.

Cheers Wes

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT