• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any Spearos using Elios smooth skin wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
what's your open on the quality of Picasso smooth skin suits. What is this new mesh stuff that Picasso is doing with their new smooth skins? Here is the pic of the suit I'm looking at getting

Attachments

• sealsoftcamug.jpg
    sealsoftcamug.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 235
The thing is if Picasso still selling the wetsuits in USA for that prices I prefer a custom made, call it Elios, Marea or Polosub.

I know that I sell Marea here in the States, that's why I mentiones any custom made.

Cheers

Ivan

www.frediveforlife.com

Marea make a suit like the MESH, which is the SHARKSKIN (Correct me if i am wrong ASTURVEN)

We have tried the sharkskin and it is not as warm as the normal smoothskin

Especially in the boat where it allowed the cold air to penetrate and it was FREEEEZING

The standard smoothskin, whether it is marea, polo or elios is the way to go.

The only real difference is the mimetic patterns they are now using, but in terms of quality you cannot get any better.

what's so bad about the picasso suits? and sales the marea suits here in the US and what's there webpage address?

I bought a pair of smoothskin picasso pants and they came completely unstuck on the first dive

Also they use Yamamoto which compared to Heiwa is too soft and compresses far too much.

just my humble opinion

Your are right Shane, remember that there are three big neoprene manufacturers so when you go for a custom made wetsuit, the "cut" of the wetsuit itself is the key, as well the different camo patterns, etc.

I also used Picasso and there are good wetsuits, the main problem that I think they have here in the States is the high price. For that price you go custom made even with the expensive delivery from Europe and nothing beats a State of the Art custom made wetsuit.

The Marea wetsuits in the States are in the following temporary website www.freediveforlife.com

Nice forum Shane I am already a member

Cheers

Ivan

ivan@freediveforlife.com
www.freediveforlife.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT