• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anybody been to Nigeria

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
maytag said:
TO ANY SCAM FISHERS OR SCAM REPORTERS: the preceding post was a JOKE.

rofl Clever one, Pkotik. Sorry if I'm paranoid, but the combination of 419 scam surveillance groups [ see for example http://www.sec.gov/answers/nigeria.htm and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud] plus something I saw on 20/20 (or Dateline? The local news?) on volunteer internet police/googlers made me worry what might happen on the off chance that they stumble upon your post. (I'm sure you could turn anything into a great story afterwards, though!) Given the high prevalence of Nigerian plights and pleas in my inbox, this is all a small probability hassle, and I'm just paranoid...

Miles - are those hyenas? What are they? Whose nightmares are they from?

DeepThinker - stay safe!

The above message is the joke.

I never joke about my work, Double-Oh-Seven. And about Nigeria, it is quite iimpossible to joke. The reality outdoes you every time.

Howzit all well, Im back from holiday and Nigeria in one piece. I didnt get to see those guys with the hyenas, allthough I do think I would have liked to. I didnt get to diving there or go to the beach, but we did drive past Lagos main beach and the fish they were selling next to the road did make it look like it would be worth while packing the kit on the next trip. Now I must also admit that I wont go running around there alone anytime soon but it didnt seem as bad as all the stuff I saw before I left. Lagos itself is not so bad allthough I think the delta itself is a different story... Thanx to all who replied to this thread. Just to add I wont go jumping into the water in lagos itself, theres aparently a nice beach about 40min from lagos that sounds better, the water in lagos is filthy so I wont eat anything that comes from that area...:)

Hey, welcome back, Deep Thinker! Glad to see you had a safe trip, especially given the petrol explosion afterwards. Hope you enjoyed your holiday! Cheers!
icon10.gif

Welcome home, mate. I was near to post a new thread "Deepthinker still alive?", but alive you are. You're a good egg and we care. I'll sacrifice a fish to the Gods for your happy return ;-)

Reactions: maytag
Thanx guys, its good to be back in the land of the living allthough I think I would have prefered to still be on holiday as the winds will die down soon and make for lovely days in the water but hey, what can you do. Petrol explosion Maytag? Spaghetti when you sacrifice that fish, make sure the bbq is just right and add some lemon and garlic wont ya :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT