• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anybody got a quick and miraculous fix for a clogged up nose?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sjurba

Feb 9, 2010
Murphys law strikes again. On the way to our long awaited chrstmas holliday,my nose clogs up, equilization is abit difficult and my head feels full of cotton.Anybody got any advice,warm milk and honey?

Otrivine nasal spray, top stuff!

otrivine2-500x500.jpg

Yeah,it works atreat,but it messes with my sinuses,keeping thatone as a last resort.

Or . . . there was a thread around here about snorting cocaine mixed with gunpowder.
Strike a light, stand well back, should do the trick.

Otrivine works too.
Edit: ah, read your last post, gunpowder it is then.

"Moellers tran" helps, but i think its to late now. I had to take on spoon every morning and didn't get ill in the winter. But you cannot get the good norwegian stuff here, not only tran, the jam, cheese (geitost) hmmmm. 7 months to go to visit my parents 9mandal) and i hope i don't forget to get some of the good stuff.

Tobi

Third on the Netti Pot. I use one and I tell you what it works a treat.

My Theory.

I get nasty pains behind my eyes from what I believe is trapped air. When I equilize, small amounts of air gets trapped in the mucus and slowly builds up. After about 10 or so dives the air has built up and the pain is unbearable. If I use the netti pot before I dive it loosens the mucus and gets rid of the build up that way the air doesnt get trapped.

So far Ive only had 1 dive which I had to cut short after using a netti pot as I rushed the cleanzing. As an added bonus my ears dont stay blocked for long and I dont get the head squeeze headache I used to get.

Good times

As always its up to you to do the right thing for your body. dont take anything you read on a forum as a substitute for real medical advice and always read the label :)

Last edited:
Never heard of this netti pot? been on the møllers tran stuff (cod liver oil) since september There is a rule of thumb here in Norway that you should take it in all the months with an R in it,but I ran out and went a few days without about a week ago...Probably why Im knoked out with a cold now.

Oh my grandma and grandaunts told me to take it everyday at least a big spoon( if you are young a spoon with tran is very big), but on sundays it was only a teaspoon tran and some HB:)) (good stuff). I ordered some bottles today i hope i'll get them before new year t start a healthier life in 2011.

Tobi

I use Rinostil: oily drops with no vascular constrictors. This product is recommended by prof Malpieri (professor of hyperbaric medicine, doctor of Team Omer, Alberto March, Marco Bardi and countless other pro freedivers).

I don't know if it's available in Norway.

Attachments

• rinostil.jpg
    rinostil.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 153
Went for the old scuba trick;snarfing saltwater and hey presto!clear sinuses!
Had a really good dive today,10+ meters viz ,no fish though,one scallop.6c in the water and -3c in the air. :)

@Tody Any plans on going diving when you come over in the summer?

We will see sjurba. Next year, oh this year will be very busy (bryllup og bryllupsreise) and only six weeks of holidays and if you work in the wrong sector of the North Sea it is sometimes hard to get to norway. But I think I'm in Mandal in July. Lets stay in contact.

Ha de bra

cool video

Last edited by a moderator:
A neti pot also known as a netti lota is the way to go.Look on the internet for Jala Netti which is the process.A netti pot is a small watering can type pot plastic/cermaic you takes yer choice.You put tepid water(preferably distilled mixed with salt.Preferably refined sea salt) and you shove the spout up one of your nostrils while leaning forward.The water fills the sinuses before draing out of the other nostril.Its a weird feeling when your not used to it, but it does the trick.As far as medication goes , only thing that REALLY works is DEXARHINA NASAL SPRAY.No longer available in the UKso I stock up when I'm in Greece.Its powerfull stuff as it contains steroid and should be used too much, but has saved an exotic spearfishing holiday.

I realize that I'm a little late to this thread but.. . if you can get it Sinus Buster will clear up pretty much anything.. . .

Comes in original and now "Mild" (for wimps) Great stuff which will save a dive

Thanks for all the help and tips! The problem is solved for the time being,and considering winter have turned the world white,Itll be pooldiving untill atleast the end of february...

Murphys law strikes again. On the way to our long awaited chrstmas holliday,my nose clogs up, equilization is abit difficult and my head feels full of cotton.Anybody got any advice,warm milk and honey?
As a temporary measure you could flush your sinuses by inhaling saltwater through your nose. Some people use a special solution. But it's better not to dive if you're having problems equalizing, you could make things worse.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT